Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 27-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #31
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by frankloh
If its intestinal infection then how do I cure her???.....she's been eating and swimming well all these while. Btw she has been this tummy for 2 months leow.

I change water weekly at 30% ley!!???!!
Other than this, my GF never falls sicks before.
Since it's a she, go and feel her stomach, is it soft ? My female Thai black is also like that because now her belly is full of eggs, and it has been spawning for a couple of time during last few weeks when the temperature is lower due to the rain. Unfortunately, all these spawning sessions have not yield any fry, all eggs have been eaten up immediately the next day.
Old 27-01-2003, 01:32 PM   #32
frankloh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY
Since it's a she, go and feel her stomach, is it soft ? My female Thai black is also like that because now her belly is full of eggs, and it has been spawning for a couple of time during last few weeks when the temperature is lower due to the rain. Unfortunately, all these spawning sessions have not yield any fry, all eggs have been eaten up immediately the next day.

Ops sorry its not a she, its a he Paiseh it just my habbit of calling all my pet "her".

So if the stomache is soft, it likely her eggs right?
I got another female ranchu during her spawning period, her belly looks big and nice......but now like shrunk leow....*sigh*
frankloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2003, 01:58 PM   #33
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrowana17
how do you know that they have intestinal infection?
It gradually swell to the shape of a golf ball. Scales at the low rear belly are far apart and no long overlap. The belly is also soft.
Old 27-01-2003, 02:00 PM   #34
goldfishfever

Quote:
If its intestinal infection then how do I cure her???.....she's been eating and swimming well all these while. Btw she has been this tummy for 2 months leow.

I change water weekly at 30% ley!!???!!
Other than this, my GF never falls sicks before.
Similar to dropsy, no known cure. 30% weekly water change is not enough. Change more the next time.
Old 27-01-2003, 03:55 PM   #35
frankloh
Arofanatic

U may be right cos the problems happens around the time when I partition my GF tank with Luohan. Must be the Luohan dirty habbit that dirty my water cos even thou with the extra fish I still change my water weekly.

Actually the main idea of changing water is to remove nitrate and phrosphate am I right to say that? And also the lost elements?
Next time I change 50% then, hopefully my GF will grow faster that way

Last edited by frankloh; 27-01-2003 at 04:07 PM.
Old 27-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #36
goldfishfever

Quote:
U may be right cos the problems happens around the time when I partition my GF tank with Luohan. Must be the Luohan dirty habbit that dirty my water cos even thou with the extra fish I still change my water weekly.

Actually the main idea of changing water is to remove nitrate and phrosphate am I right to say that? And also the lost elements?
Next time I change 50% then, hopefully my GF will grow faster that way
Yes, the aim of water change is to reduce/remove the level of nitrate and phrosphate. Water change also replenish trace elements taken up by the goldfish. I think all these points are also mentioned in the GreennGold article published by the magazine Aquarium and Pets Asia.
Old 28-01-2003, 03:20 AM   #37
frankloh
Arofanatic

You bought the magazine published by Geen&gold????
Hows the content? Is it worth while to get it? Or its just another basic articles in goldfish keeping? Any advance tips to share here?
Old 28-01-2003, 09:49 AM   #38
goldfishfever

Quote:
You bought the magazine published by Geen&gold????
Hows the content? Is it worth while to get it? Or its just another basic articles in goldfish keeping? Any advance tips to share here?
I bought the magazine for $5. Interesting points not found in any other books or magazine regarding misconceptions, a good guide for all of us. You can always browse before deciding to buy. I got it at the C328 Florist shop but I noticed yesterday they ran out of stock. You can still get it at the next door aquarium Polyart.
Old 28-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #39
frankloh
Arofanatic

OIC.....
Then where is aquarium Polyart located?
Old 28-01-2003, 12:23 PM   #40
goldfishfever

Quote:
OIC.....
Then where is aquarium Polyart located?
Clementi block 328 or you can try any other aquarium or book shops. The name of the magazine is Aquarium and Pets Asia.