Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 18-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #61
juliustaking

this first time buying aro.. so the point of this thread is just to know whether will cross or wont haha... i thought Xb mean sure will cross lo... thats why..

thanks all
Old 18-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #62
Xx{-_-}xX
Dragon

You are wrong bro.. nt all xb will surely cross. Its all about gene of the fish.

But cheap fish dun mean it will end up lousy in some cases the aro might rival premium priced xbs.

Be yr own judge n look at xb pics in the forum n see if every xb has crossed when reached adulthood

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Xx{-_-}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #63
stevenwong7
Arofanatic

XB Golden from OTF at $200 is a good price.
For a start and having a XB; this would be great fun.

Pump it up, good water parameters and some Shanda Gold Tanning may help to boost it (tanning is suitable when fish reaches 10 - 11" in size)
There are also schools of owners who may wish to do White Tank Treatment (WTT) to let the shine climb faster.

Depends on how u wanna view the fish... WTT makes the fish looks paler but of cos the trade-off is a shiny platinum looking Aro with level 6 pushing/ crossing...

Bad news is - the fish turns duller / less shiny once u end the WTT and put back into black tank.

As a read up on DFI and some other pages - WTT is best to do it till 12" more such so that the shine can hold/ stay better with less fading... U decide bro.

Last but not least - read up on sources of good food and Aro vitamins. Frogs are always good and Market prawns are less troublesome due to easy storage in fridge.

Have a fun experience rearing aro my friend
stevenwong7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #64
juliustaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwong7 View Post
XB Golden from OTF at $200 is a good price.
For a start and having a XB; this would be great fun.

Pump it up, good water parameters and some Shanda Gold Tanning may help to boost it (tanning is suitable when fish reaches 10 - 11" in size)
There are also schools of owners who may wish to do White Tank Treatment (WTT) to let the shine climb faster.

Depends on how u wanna view the fish... WTT makes the fish looks paler but of cos the trade-off is a shiny platinum looking Aro with level 6 pushing/ crossing...

Bad news is - the fish turns duller / less shiny once u end the WTT and put back into black tank.

As a read up on DFI and some other pages - WTT is best to do it till 12" more such so that the shine can hold/ stay better with less fading... U decide bro.

Last but not least - read up on sources of good food and Aro vitamins. Frogs are always good and Market prawns are less troublesome due to easy storage in fridge.

Have a fun experience rearing aro my friend
Thank you for all the info !
Old 18-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #65
juliustaking

Question: Will will the rims appear first or will the base colour appear first?
Old 18-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #66
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Me too like noodle.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliustaking View Post
Question: Will will the rims appear first or will the base colour appear first?
it depend on the fish... some fish at 6-7" can see rim, some can see color on the upper body.. it all depend.. but does it matter??? if a fish with good gennes will grow up to be a beautyful.. XB with lousy gense will grow up like HBRTG

personelly, I would suggest TS to stop worry about whether it a XB or will it cross, ultimately you have already bought the fish and I believe you did spend some time at OTF before you make the final decision of getting this pc right?? so dont think so much, just go ahead and have fun keeping and feeding this aro, you will see the changes and beauty as it grow bigger..

worst come to worst, if you really dont like it, you can sell it away at the marketplace and take some cash back and go C328 get another "real" XB at $4xx to $5xx..

Last edited by shark; 18-04-2013 at 03:04 PM.
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #68
stevenwong7
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
worst come to worst, if you really dont like it, you can sell it away at the marketplace and take some cash back and go C328 get another "real" XB at $4xx to $5xx..
Well Said~!!!

1 needle see blood~!!
stevenwong7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #69
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwong7 View Post
Well Said~!!!

1 needle see blood~!!
no no no.. u talk too highly of me.. I just quoting the true.. I believe most of us here in this forum got this problem... see fish buy fish, then regret and thinking of updating the fish very soon... that is why the marketplace is always full of selling and buying thread..

most importantly.. must be happy with what you have.. if not selling away and get another fish.. or change project.. (of cos if your pocket deep enough to keep changing projects)
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #70
juliustaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
no no no.. u talk too highly of me.. I just quoting the true.. I believe most of us here in this forum got this problem... see fish buy fish, then regret and thinking of updating the fish very soon... that is why the marketplace is always full of selling and buying thread..

most importantly.. must be happy with what you have.. if not selling away and get another fish.. or change project.. (of cos if your pocket deep enough to keep changing projects)
Agree. Ok thanks. I like the fish , but just want to know more about xb's that's all