Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #31
FishyAmazon

Woah. A thread on kelah. No wonder my thread got no business ...
I am an avid fan too with 3 green and 2 blue, still searching for a real red (some LFS claims of red but no colour). Will contribute some pics and video on my collection when i have time.

Blue kelah prices are up the roof these days, with prices fetching above the brown note a piece! I agree with redbull too that it takes some chance to get from LFS as most just dont want to carry. Maybe we do bulk purchase and nego for a good price...how any takers?

Old 31-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #32
LongFFwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusfishing View Post
Nice bro.. Sell one of your FF la.. Have two no point. Then use the money get one more kelah. haha!
Bro! don tickle him la! His tank flooding alr.. soon our house gonna become sengkang LOT 1 already

Old 31-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #33
redbull1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Woah. A thread on kelah. No wonder my thread got no business ...
I am an avid fan too with 3 green and 2 blue, still searching for a real red (some LFS claims of red but no colour). Will contribute some pics and video on my collection when i have time.

Blue kelah prices are up the roof these days, with prices fetching above the brown note a piece! I agree with redbull too that it takes some chance to get from LFS as most just dont want to carry. Maybe we do bulk purchase and nego for a good price...how any takers?
haha...yah lor bro...dun tempt me....nw got 1 green, 1 red and two blue...very shiok to see them wack the superworms and pellets....they are also very good tank cleaners....when ever my aro spits out SW flakes...all will be gone before they even touch the btm of my tank...hehehe...btw bro, u can try seaview for red kelahs.I only knw of one place in sg nw still selling blue kelahs.....n its not seaview pm me for details.

Old 31-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #34
amiidae

My Tor putitora aka golden mahseer

Old 31-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #35
aro-spino
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post

Nice golden shine. Does blue kelah shine like red?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #36
vti_eg9
Dragon

just bought 3 kelahs the shop told me is red kelahs aany bro able to confirm what to look out for thks will take some pic tonight
Old 01-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #37
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull1023 View Post
haha...yah lor bro...dun tempt me....nw got 1 green, 1 red and two blue...very shiok to see them wack the superworms and pellets....they are also very good tank cleaners....when ever my aro spits out SW flakes...all will be gone before they even touch the btm of my tank...hehehe...btw bro, u can try seaview for red kelahs.I only knw of one place in sg nw still selling blue kelahs.....n its not seaview pm me for details.
Thanks Bro. Pls PM me the location. I just got a red from them today to complete my collection of 3 green, 2 blue and 1 red. Saw the pic from amidae, wow so beatifully taken shot - is that done inside the tank? The golden looks a bit like red marsheer. In fact there are so some many strains of marsheers just for silver/gold alone and it's very difficult to pinpoint which one we have.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 01-02-2009 at 03:06 AM.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #38
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro-spino View Post
Nice golden shine. Does blue kelah shine like red?
In my own opinion. Yes, i think blue kelah shine better, better than red. The gold shine for blue kelahs is obvious even at a juvenile stage. The shiny gold located just above the black lateral line across it's body is amazingly crisp and sharp. In fact i think they have 4 shades across the body - TOP: blue/dark gold, SECOND - pure gold, THIRD - Black, FORTH - white (belly). These shades are very distinct as the fish grew in size.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #39
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vti_eg9 View Post
just bought 3 kelahs the shop told me is red kelahs aany bro able to confirm what to look out for thks will take some pic tonight
What size did you buy and price? Usually the price can tell already. Post your pics i might be able to help.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #40
redbull1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post

wow...damn solid gold.....bro..juz to verify...i understand that the blue masheer is also known as the golden masheer...but ur golden masheer looks different(no dark lateral line) is it a different breed of gold?

Closed Thread