Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #71
FishyAmazon

By the way, i've never ever seen a red this red before in my entire life.

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #72
LongFFwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
It's 10% discount so you pay about $88 plus after discount.
I took the bigger one as the colour are already showing up. My logic, no point taking risk as it is for our viewing pleasure so if nicer & price reasonable, just take. Investment is already paid so long as we enjoy looking at them.

I agree the prices are totally speculative due to it's rarity. I've even seen a blue going at $128 for a 4 incher! Buyers and Sellers needs to be well informed and i think this forum serves this purpose very well.
I thought its 20% discount? So fast reverted back to 10% only?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #73
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongFFwu View Post
I thought its 20% discount? So fast reverted back to 10% only?
Ya lor. I didnt see any smaller ones at the $68 range too. Still a fairly good deal as red can go for a few hundreds once they grow bigger.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #74
newbird^

one thing i dont like about these fellas are that they grow at an extremely slow pace esp in glass tanks..and they need tonnes of sunlight

Old 02-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #75
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbird^ View Post
one thing i dont like about these fellas are that they grow at an extremely slow pace esp in glass tanks..and they need tonnes of sunlight
Agree. I think that is also the same reason why it is worth keeping in a tank so it doesnt become a monster that is too big to keep.....

I'm thinking of investing a T-light to get that shine. i know can never out-do a pond fella but than dont we all live within our means and be happy anyway.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #76
newbird^

Quote:
Agree. I think that is also the same reason why it is worth keeping in a tank so it doesnt become a monster that is too big to keep.....

I'm thinking of investing a T-light to get that shine. i know can never out-do a pond fella but than dont we all live within our means and be happy anyway.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...ght=blue+kelab

those blue kelahs from the link above are house in an outdoor pond in XL shah alam..those kept in tanks will never achieve such colouration...the scales will turn dark instead of blue..

Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #77
FishyAmazon

Quote:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...ght=blue+kelab

those blue kelahs from the link above are house in an outdoor pond in XL shah alam..those kept in tanks will never achieve such colouration...the scales will turn dark instead of blue..
Yup. But those kelahs are also very huge, almost gigantic! Maybe who knows we can afford a bigger house with a big pond next time to sustain our ferocious appetite for monster fish?

Maybe we open this to anyone here who might have achieve that similar level of shine in a tank? Anyone?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #78
FishyAmazon

Indeed. This blue is very very breath-taking.
I kept going back to see again and again and again...such a beauty. No words to describe.

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #79
newbird^

Quote:
Yup. But those kelahs are also very huge, almost gigantic! Maybe who knows we can afford a bigger house with a big pond next time to sustain our ferocious appetite for monster fish?

Maybe we open this to anyone here who might have achieve that similar level of shine in a tank? Anyone?
check my gallery... pics taken a few years back..kept in a glass tank..without sunlite, its nothing compared to those in XL..

http://arofanatics.com/members/newbird/bluekelah/

Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #80
FishyAmazon

Quote:
check my gallery... pics taken a few years back..kept in a glass tank..without sunlite, its nothing compared to those in XL..

http://arofanatics.com/members/newbird/bluekelah/
20inches! that's an achievement bro.
I realize that the gold part of the scales as compare the XL's photo have a major difference - it's completely blue. The inner part of each scale is dark coloured, boths pics the same.

So we conclude sun-tan can only turn the gold part of the scales into blue?
Did you install any T-lights?

Closed Thread