Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 10-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #151
JadeIceGreen

Test Results for Day 25 (Tuesday, 10/02/2009)

PH – 6.4
GH - Did not test.
KH – 3
NO2 – 0
NH3/NH4 – 0
CO2 level 35.83 ppm approximately
Old 13-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #152
JadeIceGreen

On day 28, my fauna is finally here!!!
All my preparation and planning has been for this day when my CRS will occupy a home I created for them. I have never kept CRS before and did a lot of reading up before deciding to take the plunge, one hour into having them, they are well worth it. So so pretty!

I will getting another 10 on Monday to bring it up to a total of 20. So my final fauna stocking list is 20 CRS, 10 Yamatos and 3 Otos.

I have also removed all activated carbon from my 2213. It is now filled with a sweet 3 litres worth of Bio Rio is a nice fine net.

The Algae Battle has also been won with my Yamatos maintaining the level of new algae and myself spending the last one week cleaning up every hair/thread algae.

From here, I am crossing my fingers that my CRS will breed and establish a colony. They are partly the reason why I wanted as much filter media as possible, and why I did all the paranoid daily testing.

I guess this is offically, the end of my journal and looking back at 28 days, what a ride it has been. From spending 3 hours choosing rocks and arranging the hardscape to upgrading my filter and learning the hard way how it all works, this is a journey I have enjoyed through the good, the bad and the sweaty times.

Thanks all for following along and all those valuable comments and advice that taught me so much. I will continue to give periodic updates and I hope that if I do another scape, it will be a much better one.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #153
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

bro, i heard yamatoes may disturb your CRS and steal their food. maybe you can do something about it

and do post a FTS pleaseee
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #154
ben loh
Arofanatic

bro, ur yamotoes is bigger in size than CRS, so maybe u might take them out or wat u can think of, b4 they harm ur CRS....
ben loh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #155
Nikochan

IMHO of keeping yamatos and other shrimps..

yamatos wont really harm the CRS but when its feeding time, Yamatos tend to be slightly more aggressive. they tend to snatch the food and swim away. lol. leaving ur crs hungry.

If you are feeding your CRS with big algae wafers, try breaking the wafer. so every shrimp gets their share.
Old 14-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #156
Y0uH0

Congrats on reaching this far and having won your battle with algae...aye, dun end off your journal here and not give any future updates leh...i still wanna know how everything is settling in and if your fauna stock is reproducing...hehe.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #157
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
bro, i heard yamatoes may disturb your CRS and steal their food. maybe you can do something about it

and do post a FTS pleaseee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben loh View Post
bro, ur yamotoes is bigger in size than CRS, so maybe u might take them out or wat u can think of, b4 they harm ur CRS....
I will do a FTS after I am happy with the scape.
In regards to my Yamatos, I will just feed more so that all the shrimps have enough and monitor the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikochan View Post
IMHO of keeping yamatos and other shrimps..

yamatos wont really harm the CRS but when its feeding time, Yamatos tend to be slightly more aggressive. they tend to snatch the food and swim away. lol. leaving ur crs hungry.

If you are feeding your CRS with big algae wafers, try breaking the wafer. so every shrimp gets their share.
This is a very good idea!! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0uH0 View Post
Congrats on reaching this far and having won your battle with algae...aye, dun end off your journal here and not give any future updates leh...i still wanna know how everything is settling in and if your fauna stock is reproducing...hehe.
Won't end here. I will still do updates here and there. And the battle is still not really won yet! But soon! Heh.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #158
JadeIceGreen

Ermm, I need help with the rest of my algae. Can anyone help my identify this algae and if Otos and shrimps eat it.

Old 15-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #159
Sinubux

May I ask do you put any form of sponge or some sort for your inflow pipe? I am looking at alternative for my shrimp tank as I do not want to spoil the original beauty of my lily pipes. Any input from your end?
Old 15-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #160
ruthlesskiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinubux View Post
May I ask do you put any form of sponge or some sort for your inflow pipe? I am looking at alternative for my shrimp tank as I do not want to spoil the original beauty of my lily pipes. Any input from your end?
yah hav to be careful with those inflows with your crs inside cos shrimps like to climb into filters and most of the time dont make it