Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #41
FishyAmazon

Took some pics of the juv that have grown alot recently.
Red Kelah - deep bodied (Tor tor)
Click image for larger version

Name:	RedKelah_Web.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	226895

A comparison photo of the Golden, Red and Thai Blue (background) together - hopefully this will help some people still confused with them.

Name:	Red_Gold_ThaiBlue_Web.jpg
Views:	2005
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	226896

I kind of like the Juv gold as they have very long finnages with red tail. Will slowly stock up some of them over the next few weeks.

Old 27-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #42
hampala

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Took some pics of the juv that have grown alot recently.
Red Kelah - deep bodied (Tor tor)
Attachment 226895

A comparison photo of the Golden, Red and Thai Blue (background) together - hopefully this will help some people still confused with them.
Attachment 226896

I kind of like the Juv gold as they have very long finnages with red tail. Will slowly stock up some of them over the next few weeks.
wow.. yours are fast grown...

Old 27-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
You are very right. I dont know why LFS have to suck so much when it comes to not so common fishes that isnt really 'rare' so to speak. They are an abundance in malaysia, i mean abundance as in a few hundreds per batch that i've seen.

Maybe not so bad for us after all if you see this as a market opportunity - an investment probably worth doing We could reasily beat the LFS hands down for quality and pricing even from a small time hobbyist like us. That might probably be in some of our pipeline already seeing some really generous buyers and owners lately in this forum.
Following ur advice, I've added two more pieces to my collection. Will try to update pic by this week.

Old 27-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #44
hampala

These are my fingerlings

Old 27-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #45
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampala View Post
These are my fingerlings
Wah hampala, you look like a LFS owner with that many golden mahseers! Hopefully you reap a little profit when they get too big for your tank? Ok Ok, maybe i assume too much, you could be a doctor or lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Following ur advice, I've added two more pieces to my collection. Will try to update pic by this week.
I think LFS need to pay me a comm for promoting so much of these not-so-common fish that is getting more common with so many big time generous buyers.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 27-04-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Old 27-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #46
iinkeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampala View Post
These are my fingerlings

Nice

Old 28-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #47
iinkeren

my tor duoronensis

My (most probably copper mahseer)

Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #48
Freak

Just to share lousy pics of my blue kelah. All five of them at 'bout 5" with hint of blue showing on fins and body. May not be able to see from my pics. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00030.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	227563   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00031.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	227564   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00032.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	227565  

Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #49
FishyAmazon

Dunno why it seems something is encouraging me to keep fish. i found a batch of blues all around the same size as my reds and even temoleh also available at the same size. Weird, all of them are just about 1-2 inches available at almost the same time. My tiny 1 feet tank initially intended for just 2 baby gold is now teeming and bursting with 11 lives (4 more to be added soon, making it 15), will post a pic shortly.

This fish poison is getting me no where. I'm now craving for another small 1 feet tank to divide the crowd - oh shit! Does anyone or everyone here have the same problem People have quit smoking helpline, i think i need a quit fish helpline to slow me down instead.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 06-05-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #50
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinkeren View Post
my tor duoronensis
Nice! Yours are bigger than mine. I heard they will start showing blue cheeks and finnage at around 1 feet as they are also known as blue kelahs (not the thai blue type). I never see any LFS selling this in Singapore, do post some pics once you see blue shades coming out.

Closed Thread