Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 16-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
Luc
Senior Dragon

One pt to ponder.
If they are wc and currently found in certain part of mekong rivers, unless there is a huge dam or some major geographical changes that stops the migtation and spawning route, can such claim that the thai stretch of mekong are depleted of CTs while the stretch along viet or cambodia is not. As fishes on same water systems may migrate.

My guess, they are being brought to vietnam(that well known farm now) to breed and gave it a diff name. And wc or not we are unsure.....also is that farm located in mekong river...also unsure. Maybe its just any other river streams in vietnam.

Last edited by Luc; 16-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Some is even cheaper . I dare not intro you le, later grow big become IT how?
Got st tail itself is a "guarantee"
Old 16-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Got st tail itself is a "guarantee"
Hahaa... Bo bao le. Fish also can tattoo become what we want le. Tail bar is jus 1 part of ST. Tattoo of fish is not uncommon like parrot or gourami fishes , think most of us commonly seen. Why is it not possible tigers can be tattoo also le????
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #44
takanori
Senior Dragon

Quote:
So are you willing to pay the price of ST for a "vt"? Average 12 inch market price of ST is near or more than $3000, "VT" is less than $2000.
Willing buyer willing seller... No such thing as vt in the aquarium scientific names. Is just st(Dat. Pulcher) with qualities doesn't meet the standard st markings. Even lets say discus fish, 1 batch also will have some different pattern differ from others. I thought all IT 4 bars then why got odd bars come out of no where? How you define those IT? Is it still IT? What make u say so? So the so called VT which happen to be caught in Vietnam but same river as ST, can they call as ST as well? and just happen the markings slight different variation from the so call standard ST marking or features? Saw a few pure st without st standard tail features then how to define?

Like you say in the previous post, 100% stability is most importance than anything else.
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #45
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hahaa... Bo bao le. Fish also can tattoo become what we want le. Tail bar is jus 1 part of ST. Tattoo of fish is not uncommon like parrot or gourami fishes , think most of us commonly seen. Why is it not possible tigers can be tattoo also le????
Wahaha u still think that ST is tattoo? Well its still possible...convert a super thick bar to V-bar......hmmm but does the value increase after the tattoo?
Old 16-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #46
shaunwcl
Dragon

Value is determined by what? Market trend or the buyer's liking leh? Is it determined by masses or that particular individual leh??? Lol
shaunwcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #47
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanori View Post
Willing buyer willing seller... No such thing as vt in the aquarium scientific names. Is just st(Dat. Pulcher) with qualities doesn't meet the standard st markings. Even lets say discus fish, 1 batch also will have some different pattern differ from others. I thought all IT 4 bars then why got odd bars come out of no where? How you define those IT? Is it still IT? What make u say so? So the so called VT which happen to be caught in Vietnam but same river as ST, can they call as ST as well? and just happen the markings slight different variation from the so call standard ST marking or features? Saw a few pure st without st standard tail features then how to define?

Like you say in the previous post, 100% stability is most importance than anything else.
Totally agreed with you on the point that no such thing as VT. ST tio si ST, IT tio si IT. Even among STs, not all are the same and not all ST have the trademark sT tail markings. However, there are many other different characteristics of IT vs ST that separates the 2.

My knowledge of ST is limited to my current piece and last time my tank. Uncle limited exposure to net info. How about you? Keeping any ST now?
Old 16-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #48
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Wahaha u still think that ST is tattoo? Well its still possible...convert a super thick bar to V-bar......hmmm but does the value increase after the tattoo?
Maybe reverse, V bar to super thick bar? Value increase?
Old 16-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #49
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunwcl View Post
Value is determined by what? Market trend or the buyer's liking leh? Is it determined by masses or that particular individual leh??? Lol
All of the above
Market trend
Demand
Buyer likes
Individual likes
Mass likes
Marketing
Rarity
Old 16-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
azon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Aiya, nvm la...this type debates will go and on
I hv not been to both cp n mekong n see the tigers swimming in the wild(not inside a kelong net). I mean to be frank...none of us hv seen to be v sure

Lastly, u not ray experts then who is?
Argue until cow come home also no use..

this few day if free I'll call BKK and ask for more information..
azon is offline   Reply With Quote