Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Betta Mania

Question Advice needed from Tanganykan keepers....

NEOLAMPROLOGUS PULCHERS....anyone kept and successfully bred these Tanganykans?

I have four of these and they seemed to have paired off. They have taken to the rocks and one pair especially has been sttacking and defending and area. The male ( I presume - his colour has deepened to a bright yellow epecially around the finnages) They keep even the frontosas some of which are nealry 7 inches at bay. Both fishes keep darting and disappearing into the rock work - the other pair does the same.

Can you please tell me if they are breeding???....
Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Betta Mania

Default Neolamprologus pulchers

Any Tanganykan sti[l looking for advice on breeding My pair in the main tank have cordorned off a corner and are chasing everyone away from the area. Thos Tanga bros ..imputs pse! Many tks

Last edited by Betta Mania; 28-11-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Young Man
Senior Dragon

the ones i gave you paired off already? most prob it's a pair (: feed them well and they should be bringing you good news soon (:
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
the ones i gave you paired off already? most prob it's a pair (: feed them well and they should be bringing you good news soon (:
Sori missed your post - glad that they are a pair anxiously waiting for signs of little ones. Thks a million
Old 21-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
frontosa
Dragon

Yep these are fiesty fellas and will spawn non-stop. I had a colony before that kept spawning...until I switched tanks. No worries, they can take care of themselves n their youngs. Beautiful N. Pulchers...always loved them over brichardis. Have fun bro!
frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Betta Mania

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontosa View Post
Yep these are fiesty fellas and will spawn non-stop. I had a colony before that kept spawning...until I switched tanks. No worries, they can take care of themselves n their youngs. Beautiful N. Pulchers...always loved them over brichardis. Have fun bro!
Finally, a reply...many, many thanksfor the response. Can I check the following bro....

Are the fries free swimming and are they independent or seek the mother's mouth as a safety zone.
Can you describe the frys - I found some four fries inmy sump and at first igneored them as I thought they were guppy fries - on closer examination these we longer thin, had ling anal fins
Also if I change the rock layout where they wer hidingbefore does it affect their breeding cycle.
Whay does the male chase off other residents of the tank and yet allow another of the same species hang around

Really interesting - can you please provide some anwers please. Much appreciation
Old 24-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #7
frontosa
Dragon

Try my best to answer ....based off memory...

1. If I recall right, they will still seek shelter in mum's mouth initially when there is danger.
2. changing the landscape will affect them, based on my experience.
3. that other piece is a female? they are harem breeders I think....

Sorry its been so long since I had them....
frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote