Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
The cycling of the water should be ok, as I have been keeping for a year plus and the fishes are healthy and growing out from 2 inches. Even before the death the fish are eating normally and active and when its going to die it will hide at 1 corner become lethargic. Still unsure of the death.
hmm.. sounds wierd.. do u deworm ur fronts? how's e WC schedule like? do u does anti chlorine for whole tank? or just for amount changed?
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
S750WP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
hmm.. sounds wierd.. do u deworm ur fronts? how's e WC schedule like? do u does anti chlorine for whole tank? or just for amount changed?
Never deworm, as its not wild caught. Every 2 weeks 20% water change. Chlorine dose according to water change.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
S750WP

went seaview today to check the tank, the 4ft tank and 3 ft only $30 difference.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
Never deworm, as its not wild caught. Every 2 weeks 20% water change. Chlorine dose according to water change.
i see.. here's my personal practice and thinking.
whether WC or not, deworming is still good to be carried out on a routine schedule from time to time. just that WC fishes, when first acquired it will be done more thoroughly.

WC if it is done with direct input into the tank, anti chlorine should be dosed for full tank volume.
if u change 20% and only put enough anti-chlorine for 20%, it may get reacted by other chemicals in the tank and end up not serving it's purpose for the 20% u just changed etc. either use a water tank to pre-prepare the water for WC. or dose the antichlorine for the full volume.

these two issues may not show direct or immediate effects, but in the long run, i think it is possible for a buildup and cause fishes to die suddenly after a long period. as in your case, u mnetion u are unable to find out any trace of a possible cause of death. so the reason most probably comes from your routine in fishkeeping etc..
just my thoughts
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
icekiki
Dragon

Quote:
i see.. here's my personal practice and thinking.
whether WC or not, deworming is still good to be carried out on a routine schedule from time to time. just that WC fishes, when first acquired it will be done more thoroughly.

WC if it is done with direct input into the tank, anti chlorine should be dosed for full tank volume.
if u change 20% and only put enough anti-chlorine for 20%, it may get reacted by other chemicals in the tank and end up not serving it's purpose for the 20% u just changed etc. either use a water tank to pre-prepare the water for WC. or dose the antichlorine for the full volume.

these two issues may not show direct or immediate effects, but in the long run, i think it is possible for a buildup and cause fishes to die suddenly after a long period. as in your case, u mnetion u are unable to find out any trace of a possible cause of death. so the reason most probably comes from your routine in fishkeeping etc..
just my thoughts
Bro, what medication do u recommend for deworming? Thx
icekiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekiki View Post
normally i just use metronidazole and praziquentol. either one or combination of both. hehehe
Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekiki View Post
i use metronidazole to deworm epsom salt to let them release bioload.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
icekiki
Dragon

Quote:
normally i just use metronidazole and praziquentol. either one or combination of both. hehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
i use metronidazole to deworm epsom salt to let them release bioload.
Thx bros for sharing
icekiki is offline   Reply With Quote