Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 15-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #51
Planted

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
hee hee,bro GC

most of the time newbie don't even check out the stickies or read through threads.
Or do they know how to use? ;p or do they trust the stickies? or are they lack of confident and needed confirmation?

Or, i am too busy-body... :P
Old 15-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #52
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
Or do they know how to use? ;p or do they trust the stickies? or are they lack of confident and needed confirmation?

Or, i am too busy-body... :P
true, they may only trust their own way of asking questions?
Old 15-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #53
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
most of the time newbie don't even check out the stickies or read through threads.
Actually there are quite a few new to the shrimp hobby, that read and than post their concerns. No meh?

But bro, is your evil thread being stick up? There may be some good info in your DIY setup that are good for would be DIY guys, or for those who wish to maximize their tank, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
or do they trust the stickies? or are they lack of confident and needed confirmation?
Maybe e problem is, the sticky are not like... 1 thread writing exhausively on setting up each speices of shrimps. So maybe, having info across different threads, pple dun read after awhile la.

Quote:
true, they may only trust their own way of asking questions?
I think e better way of asking is... After reading the sticky, the uncertain areas, or if the sticky didn't cover any concerns, post a thread. Use that thread for their setup. This is also good for the ts to follow up along e way.

If you recall, there are some pple who starts multiple threads on different issues/concerns, on the same setup. I think that's unproductive as the info pertaining to that one setup, is all over e place.

Anyway, let's see if there's anyone who is keen/willing to share how they setup their tank in the sticky. I did a quick one on setting up with quartz and old shrimp tank water. Maybe someone can write a exhausive one on new setup, new soil, etc.

End of the day, of cos we love to see more new hobbyist. Everyone is learning everyday. Even with experience, things can still go wrong sometimes isnt' it?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #54
eviltrain

Bro GC, sometime all these info don't really needs to be sticks up. just some google search will lead them to my thread XD.

like you say, some ppls likes to be spoon feed.

jialat - super OT