yup maybe bahs..i`m lucky in that case
not lucky, bro

fish good, owner better!
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #73
nasha31588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
=)maybe its just my luck that i got one that turn into a hmpk lor..

sorry to add in this is the picture after but cant find the pic before
its good to share views here . practice make perfect. the caudal not a perfect hmpk yet as the top first ray of the caudal is short and make it look abit rounded. even the ray branching abit messy
Old 29-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #74
nasha31588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab7 View Post
ya grooming got its limit...

2 ray got HM.. but its the so-called "traditional Hm" which is classifies as major fault as stated by bro melwave
its traditional pk ......
Old 29-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #75
CharlieBrown

Quote:
ya grooming got its limit...

2 ray got HM.. but its the so-called "traditional Hm" which is classifies as major fault as stated by bro melwave
What so "traditional" about a HM? There's nothing traditional, as far as I can tell. A HM needs minimum 4 rays.

Long tail type with 2 rays? Think can consider veil tail already.
Old 29-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #76
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
What so "traditional" about a HM? There's nothing traditional, as far as I can tell. A HM needs minimum 4 rays.

mod is always rite ^^

cheers
kebab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #77
CharlieBrown

Quote:
mod is always right, got standard 1 leh!!!

cheers mod
Quote:
mod is always rite ^^

cheers
That's 2 posts from you now. I have decided to ignore the first one, but I don't think I can ignore the second one. I sense a heavy dose of sarcasm in your post. If I have been erroneous, please point that out. I have mentioned it before, my moderator duties are only required in terms of ensuring that the forum functions properly. In this thread, I have so far engaged you and everyone on the basis of a fellow hobbyist trying to share a simple idea of what makes a HM. If you feel that the posts are not accurate, feel free to point that out. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you could stop making reference to my duties as a mod. Thank you.
Old 29-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #78
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

No la bro charlie... you too sensitive already ^^

First of all, I always known those with curved edge as "traditional" .. whether you buy the term or not its of cos up to the individual... Hence, no point going a few more page regarding "terms" used in betta.. not worth it.. I have learnt to go with the majority when it comes to naming..
No offence ar...

cheers
Old 29-07-2008, 02:13 AM   #79
CharlieBrown

Quote:
No la bro charlie... you too sensitive already ^^

First of all, I always known those with curved edge as "traditional" .. whether you buy the term or not its of cos up to the individual... Hence, no point going a few more page regarding "terms" used in betta.. not worth it.. I have learnt to go with the majority when it comes to naming..
No offence ar...

cheers
How would you like it if someone is sarcastic towards you, and more than once for that matter?

Since we are at this subject, let's take it a little bit further. You claim that you were trying to educate new hobbyists about real giants, but you have so far made at least 3 attempts at confusing hobbyists. Why would anyone still believe what you say? And just in case you forget, let me remind you:

1. Posting a tampered photo when someone asks how a green betta look like.
2. Referring to a giant betta having horns, or being horn like, and then now saying that they have pimples.
3. Saying that we should not be accurate in our terms but go with the majority, when there's only one definition of a halfmoon (which is accepted by the majority of experienced hobbyists).

I may decide that I should not take offence, but I don't know about the rest of the newer and even the experienced hobbyists here.
Old 29-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #80
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
How would you like it if someone is sarcastic towards you, and more than once for that matter?

Since we are at this subject, let's take it a little bit further. You claim that you were trying to educate new hobbyists about real giants, but you have so far made at least 3 attempts at confusing hobbyists. Why would anyone still believe what you say? And just in case you forget, let me remind you:

1. Posting a tampered photo when someone asks how a green betta look like.
2. Referring to a giant betta having horns, or being horn like, and then now saying that they have pimples.
3. Saying that we should not be accurate in our terms but go with the majority, when there's only one definition of a halfmoon (which is accepted by the majority of experienced hobbyists).

I may decide that I should not take offence, but I don't know about the rest of the newer and even the experienced hobbyists here.

well...Firstly, I'll have to give it to you for your usage in rhetorical questions everywhere. " Why do we need to flare betta?" when you obviously know the ans. I bring this up because in other thread ,again without fail, you questioned the "horn-like" structure it has on giant. If you cant tell, do not blame it on other ppl, because majority of the ppl who keep giant know what is that "horn" that we often bring up. Again, do not assume that forumer here are ignorant to believe that there is an actual horn in it. Because of that, let me bring you to point 2... which is why i said there are "pimple"(to aid you to change the misconception that giants have horns). If those are not very gd use of descriptive words, pls forgive me and maybe you can find another gd word to replace it.

Point 3... no comment... thats y I said that you are always right. I already stated my stand... got "D" means HM... no "D" means no HM. what's there to argue? I doubt anyone came to my house to view fishes and I point to a SD and told them that it is 100% HM...

Enough abt giants.... big big betta at maturity exceeding 3.5inch is my kinda giant.

Point 1... I love to conceptionalise virtually how a green betta look like. Pardon me for sharing. I have learnt from my mistake and will not share pic like such again.

p.s: lets not chat here and take it outside forum if you wish (kopi on me)... if not I may be guilty of causing you to close your thread( I would not want that to happen)