Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 21-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #11
mr_donitos

Default Pur-II

Hi bro, may I know how much is the price range for this Pur-II?
Old 21-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #12
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpc
Thanks for your assistance.

I have more or less narrowed down to excessive top-up water I use daily. The water is merely tap water left overnight with anti-chlorine solution. Since I am using fans to cool the tank (4ft), u can easily imagine the evaporation rate and hence the phospate introduction. Already using Seachem PhosGuard and also trying out AquaPharm Instant Mud. Though I'm seeing improvement on the algae condition, but still cannot eliminate totally.

The hair algae has stop the growth and spreading of my beloved star polyps on the LR.

Heard that dosing of Kalk at night can help to reduce Phosphate, true ?

PC
Try using Rowaphos... it will be much more effective than Seachem phosguard.. nitrates is also another reason for algae growth... u may need to check on that...
Old 21-09-2004, 02:20 PM   #13
KaLiB

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpc
Heard that dosing of Kalk at night can help to reduce Phosphate, true ?
Kalkwasser reacts with phosphates to form calcium phosphate which can then be skimmed out by the protein skimmer so its advisable to drip kalk near the skimmer. Saw an advice regarding this on Reefcentral.com but as for whether dosing at night will make a difference, i don't quite understand.
Old 30-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #14
Chemifish

Default AquaPharm NOT SAFE be careful!!

Greetings,

I noticed this thread and had to join in for a moment. I am extremely familiar with the AquaPharm Labs company who produces PUR-11 product.

This company is nothing but a fake rip off copmany. If you look at their online catalog it will even say on the bottom of the first page. "product of USA" The product is made in Singapore and isn't made at all in the USA.

The company has only copied products from other cmpanies. A Former distributor of some US made products joined forces in order to put together this product and just steal product names from companies like Boyd Enterprises makers of the ORIGINAL Ion filter medium Chemi-pure. Http://www.boydenterprsiesonline.com The PUR-11 product is only a cheap reproduction of the original. The claims were just copied and etc. YOu may get some visual good resluts with clear water, however as most well seasoned aquarists will tell you, Crystal clear water is not an indicator that your water chemistry is safe.

They have a line of products of which has other names stolen from other quality companies who are actually in the US

Just thought i'd let you all know to be careful, there's a good chance most of their products are designed in order to create small problems in your tanks and then have to buy more of their products. I know some companies around the world who do just that.

Chemifish
Old 30-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #15
rapalla

I used that stuff (Aquapharm PUR-II) during my cycling stage, it really boost my cycling period, gives me crystal clear water, reduce ammonia and nitrate.... got it at $12 from AquaMarine!.
Old 30-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #16
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_donitos
Hi bro, may I know how much is the price range for this Pur-II?
Price ranging from $11 to $12 depending where you buy them from.
Old 31-10-2004, 02:06 PM   #17
Chemifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapalla
I used that stuff (Aquapharm PUR-II) during my cycling stage, it really boost my cycling period, gives me crystal clear water, reduce ammonia and nitrate.... got it at $12 from AquaMarine!.
Why don't you try using the ORIGINAL Ion filtger medium CHEMI-PURE. by Boyd Enterprises Inc out of the USA. Immatation of something is usually the best form of flattery. So the PUR II from aquarpharm is only trying to measure up to Chemi-pure.

Just like I said in my previous post, Be careful of Aquapharm, they really don't have your tank in it's best interest, only their pocket books. Besides you can easily get Chemi-pure cheaper than $11-$12
Old 31-10-2004, 02:24 PM   #18
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemifish
Greetings,

I noticed this thread and had to join in for a moment. I am extremely familiar with the AquaPharm Labs company who produces PUR-11 product.

This company is nothing but a fake rip off copmany. If you look at their online catalog it will even say on the bottom of the first page. "product of USA" The product is made in Singapore and isn't made at all in the USA.

The company has only copied products from other cmpanies. A Former distributor of some US made products joined forces in order to put together this product and just steal product names from companies like Boyd Enterprises makers of the ORIGINAL Ion filter medium Chemi-pure. Http://www.boydenterprsiesonline.com The PUR-11 product is only a cheap reproduction of the original. The claims were just copied and etc. YOu may get some visual good resluts with clear water, however as most well seasoned aquarists will tell you, Crystal clear water is not an indicator that your water chemistry is safe.

They have a line of products of which has other names stolen from other quality companies who are actually in the US

Just thought i'd let you all know to be careful, there's a good chance most of their products are designed in order to create small problems in your tanks and then have to buy more of their products. I know some companies around the world who do just that.

Chemifish

Hmm... didn't know about that.Sounds interesting. Perhaps i try to forward this issue to CASE for investigation.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:39 AM   #19
rainbowdarter

I rather buy established brand when dealing with water.
Anyway good input. Weekly water change still the best thing to do.
Let's minimum "chemical" involves in our tank.
Just my 2 cents
Old 05-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #20
Chemifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdarter
I rather buy established brand when dealing with water.
Anyway good input. Weekly water change still the best thing to do.
Let's minimum "chemical" involves in our tank.
Just my 2 cents
Buying an established brand with a good reputation and quality control/service is always good idea. I follow those same practices myself. Chemicals should always be limited if not neccessary for your aquarium. However, even though some 'chemical' filtation methods are termed such, they actually do not contain any kind of chemicals whatsoever, but more inert media such as resins and carbson, such as Chemi-pure.

Chemi-pure is a very true and tried method within the aquarium industry for over 50 years!! You can even look up independent people onthe product. Even mentioned in a book of coral propagation by Anthony Calfo on page 166.

vist their website and i'm sure they will be happy to help with any questions.
www.boydenterprisesonline.com
email info@boydenterprisesonline.com

Don't buy a cheaper immitation, get the original that does everything it says and has years of use to back it up. Not like some others who are only copying claims and don't work nearly as well.