Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 03-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #11
gregorsamsa

as per 1st thread. there is base fert and Co2 (DIY inlined to power head).

the glosso in foregorund have carpeted well (1month?) where as the newly planted ones are starting to creep. i believe its adjusting to submersion (bought from teo's emmersed). However the pesky SAE's are uprooting those not so firmly rooted plantlets.
Old 18-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #12
gregorsamsa

Default Tank Update jan 18 2005

bought my Co2 cannister yesterday from NA.
Boughts plants from Mr Yap (besides NA LFS) and Melvin of Mermaid.
tore off most of the glosso. Glosso still sufferingfrom spot algae. hopefully it can be rectified with consistent Co2, as well as my lowering of the intensity of light by fixing my stand on my lights (1set of 2x15 watts)

tank is slightly cloudy as it is just set up. and pics are in my gallery. i would like to add that the driftwood is a temporary piece till i find one that can build a "bridge". In the future might add sand to accentuate the fact that it is a path.

cheers
Old 18-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
dinosor
Dragon

how abt an wallpaper?
very nicely done ley.. WooOooO~~ esc. the foreground. cool man
dinosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #14
gregorsamsa

Thanks.

If i do need to take another photo when the plants set in, i'll use the preferred coloured cardboard background.

As for the foreground, it is about 2 months olds and sufering from spot algae. glosso is quite easy to spread out as compared to other foreground plants
Old 19-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #15
|squee|

Good job on the glosso there. I feel the stone sticks out like a sore thumb, but then again it looks like a cut tree stump. ( But, it still sticks out ) perhaps you might want to think about putting another DW in its place.

The stemmed plants should fill in nicely
Old 19-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #16
gregorsamsa

okay Squee. the rock has been overwhelmed by algae that it is no longer beige coloured. stem plants were planted using a tweezer that was used to remove candle wicks.

I took the photographs first because i have to return the digital camera soon. I just took the readings of my water with my Sera KH and PH test kits

temperature with 4x15 watts FL: 27.5 degrees

Ph: 6.5
Kh: 4 or 5

from Chucks Table (if i do use it correctly)

Co2 : 30.1ppm or 33.9 ppm which is in the red highlight. My main concern is that:

1. my rock is not affecting the KH levels. if so i have to remove it and swap with an unreactive rock which would mean affecting the planting. it also means that my Co2 levels are inaccurate

2. that at such a high Co2 levels, my spot algae problem will go away.

thanks for the comments. it is much better than the last time, where i had close to no comments.
Old 19-01-2005, 01:40 AM   #17
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Your setup looks great n in no time when e stem plants r more stabilized n taller, i'm sure wif occasional pruning, it'll become more compact n bushier thus making one of ur sides look bigger. Dat way it'll give an off balance look n not too neat. Perhaps e rock is a lil way too small. Maybe ya can have one which has more texture to it n a lil asymmetrical in shape. Dat'll compliment e rest of ur setups. Perhaps a reddish tinge rock will do as dat'll balance off wif ur red coloured plants. Just a personal view.

Regards,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #18
gregorsamsa

thanks philip.
hopefully i can find a lower flow rate internal filter as the existing one slights bends my extreme left stem.

the pruning is going to be a hassle but at least i know the planting order. will probably add some slightly red stem to balance the colour.

anyway, just a silly question, com next pruning, do i plant the trimmed plants in the exact distance, or do i have to plant them closer to get the "bushy compact" effect? because some of my stems namely the ludwigia species have broad leaf diameter and this affects the growth lower leaves should light get block.

cheers
Old 23-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #19
gregorsamsa

rescaped today. Plants bought from Mr yap.
will upload pics as soon as my Modem problem is fixed (again).

added 6 cherrt barbs and 3 SAEs. stay tuned
Old 24-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #20
gregorsamsa

updated as of jan 23

the above leads to the newest replanting.

pics in my gallery (jan 18 update)
added 6 cherry barbs
3 SAE