Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 09-04-2011, 01:19 AM   #51
GnJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Probably we would survive, but will we prosper? Have you guys watched the political forum show on CNA? The opposition were rubbish, not sure of them leading.
All the PAP candidates in so far are great .. professional managers .. less one who is a very young professional only.

You throw former Chief of Defence into any structured system with established governance policies & regulations, and he just needs to toe the line, would he fail ?? Juz like many other retired generals/ colonels who become CEO of GLCs in SG, would they screw up so bad that they'll be fired ??

Take away the PAP political vehicle and ask the same set of PAP candidates to do arang combat with the secondary school/ businessman opposition candidates (both being new to politics), who do you think likely will win in an open forum discussion??

How many of our current politicians, just like our current bosses/ superiors are professional managers ?? How many of these you feel are great leaders that lead with passion and example ?? How many of them earn your respects because they take care of you whilst growing the business/ country too ??

Professional managers are a plenty out there and they help to meet the growth prospects of the company but comes a better offer on the table, they jump ship and sayonara .. Do we want such professional managers to be our MPs to take care of our interests ??
Old 09-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #52
Rabbit
Arofanatic

Quote:
Probably we would survive, but will we prosper? Have you guys watched the political forum show on CNA? The opposition were rubbish, not sure of them leading.
the way i look at it, since opposition have never "landed the job" before in the entire history of Singapore politics, that forum show would equate to a "poorly executed job interview".

so think back to when u were a green horn, going thru your first interview, u were probably just as, i quote u, "rubbish" as they are.

the only difference is, someone gave u a chance to learn and gain experience and be qualified in your field of work.

so now that we got that out of the way, can u cite an example where amongst the democratic countries in the world, a dual party country comes off worse than a single dominating party country?
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #53
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

After reading through this thread just... I figured if whole singapore voice represented in ways u guys wrote here... I believe we r ready for a new govt.

I am not talking political celebrities... I am talking people... I am talking singaporeans r ready.

And I thought I know the basics... and so many here knew. Ha... Good.
BubbleBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #54
bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
so think back to when u were a green horn, going thru your first interview, u were probably just as, i quote u, "rubbish" as they are.

the only difference is, someone gave u a chance to learn and gain experience and be qualified in your field of work.
yeah yeah i agree with this. i'll stand for a coalition government, but only with PAP as majority. without pap or if they're not a majority, i see singapore suffering. theres no place for trial and error in singapore's political system.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #55
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
.. Have you guys watched the political forum show on CNA? The opposition were rubbish,....
The good doctor was quite good imho.
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #56
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
yeah yeah i agree with this. i'll stand for a coalition government, but only with PAP as majority. without pap or if they're not a majority, i see singapore suffering. theres no place for trial and error in singapore's political system.
Please listen to what low thia khiang is saying very carefully. There will be no alternative govt after this election. Freak elections, where a 97% majority is lost overnight in one election by accident, has never happened in history, and is a bogeyman PAP erected. We are only at the infancy stage of meaningful politics in Singapore because the PAP has stunted the growth of opposition politics in Singapore.

At this election, we can only take one small step of at least having a few more opposition MPs in parliament. Hopefully more will come forward after that, and a trickle becomes a stream becomes a river one day.

The day, many years and elections down the road, when a strong opposition emerges to form an alternative govt, we are, by definition, ready. We just need to take that first step now.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #57
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
Please listen to what low thia khiang is saying very carefully. There will be no alternative govt after this election. Freak elections, where a 97% majority is lost overnight in one election by accident, has never happened in history, and is a bogeyman PAP erected. We are only at the infancy stage of meaningful politics in Singapore because the PAP has stunted the growth of opposition politics in Singapore.

At this election, we can only take one small step of at least having a few more opposition MPs in parliament. Hopefully more will come forward after that, and a trickle becomes a stream becomes a river one day.

The day, many years and elections down the road, when a strong opposition emerges to form an alternative govt, we are, by definition, ready. We just need to take that first step now.
Throughout our political history, how many times have we seen would-be oppositions "put to bed" even before the election. This always reminds me of one Francis Seow many years back and if you follow his "interview" you'll realise it is a very dangerous game to get into the opposition.....
It will be very soon that our MIW starts to pull their strings on the WP's Chen Show Mao - the one reportedly who can give the PAP a run for their money......

http://vodpod.com/watch/5879656-fran...-the-interview
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #58
yonlada

Survive sure can but will be tough..
Old 09-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #59
kool
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonlada View Post
Survive sure can but will be tough..
Agree, struggling survive...not relaxation survive...hahahaha
kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #60
yonlada

IMO, people jus need a voice in parliment.

I am ok they are there as long as they don disrupt anything.

We mus look at the way PAP had guided us, we came so far and still going.

We are world standard country.

Do the opposition have the experience on that?

We must look into all CVs