Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 13-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
jowy

hi,

Currently i am using borneo wild GH up..
I not sure did it really help on rising the GH level as my tetra GH test kit does not do good as 1st drop turn yellow instead of red.
i guess i will need to get another test kit in order to measure the GH level again
Old 13-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
berber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowy View Post
hi,

I not sure did it really help on rising the GH level as my tetra GH test kit does not do good as 1st drop turn yellow instead of red.
i guess i will need to get another test kit in order to measure the GH level again
its not the test kit problem... its cause your gh is lower then 1 or its 1! just give the gh up solution some time to react! then measure it again!
Old 13-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
hi,

The test kit instructiion i think should be: count the number of drops it takes for the colour to turn yellow to red.

For yours, since 1 drop is enough to turn the solution red on the first try then check with your chart how many GH is one drop.
Ningning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #14
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningning View Post
The test kit instructiion i think should be: count the number of drops it takes for the colour to turn yellow to red.

For yours, since 1 drop is enough to turn the solution red on the first try then check with your chart how many GH is one drop.
Hi,
my 1st drop turn to yellow.. after almost 10drop.. it juz change to darker yellowish... which like no change of colour at all.. i give up on it..
decided to change test kit..
Old 13-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by berber View Post
its not the test kit problem... its cause your gh is lower then 1 or its 1! just give the gh up solution some time to react! then measure it again!
Hi berber,

I did try.. i thinking of changing test kit and see any changes..
so dont dare to add GH up solution.
Old 13-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
berber

Quote:
Hi berber,

I did try.. i thinking of changing test kit and see any changes..
so dont dare to add GH up solution.
use the test kit at bright places... its because the color changes are very little! you add 10drops thats why it become dark yellow!! LOL!!! if you wanna try if the GH up solution works or not.. try adding it to a pail of water! measure the water b4 you add GH up solution and after you add the solution! see the difference!
Old 14-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
jowy

Quote:
use the test kit at bright places... its because the color changes are very little! you add 10drops thats why it become dark yellow!! LOL!!! if you wanna try if the GH up solution works or not.. try adding it to a pail of water! measure the water b4 you add GH up solution and after you add the solution! see the difference!
Good idea!
Thanks for the suggestions.. how come i didnt think of that
Old 14-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
jowy

Quote:
Good idea!
Thanks for the suggestions.. how come i didnt think of that
sad to say... no colour change =(
Old 14-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
berber

Quote:
sad to say... no colour change =(
sure got change one luh! use under bright light!! the first time i use i also think color no change.. but when i look under light the color change very mild!!
Old 14-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
jowy

Quote:
sure got change one luh! use under bright light!! the first time i use i also think color no change.. but when i look under light the color change very mild!!
lol berber,
Mine is drop 10 drops le.. the colour is juz like dark yellowish near to orange under my light.