Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 30-09-2003, 06:23 PM   #11

I read something about the non-Pro version being easily compacted together and the PRo version (being rounder) is not easily compactable. Benefits, really depends on how you look at it.
But yeah, the non-Pro version can be crushed but not in the filter. But i find it quite a waste as you buy it by the volume and so you get the 1L pack and you are only left with around 700-800ml left, the remaining 200ml is crushed powder which is unusable.
Old 30-09-2003, 10:03 PM   #12
Jackal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by riccia_craze
I used before Eheim's Ehfisubtrat & now i'm using Ehfisubtrat Pro. Personally e difference i find out is e durability of e subtrat...meaning Ehfisubtrat is easily crash & grind into powder form compared to Ehfisubrat Pro....Ehfisubtrat Pro is more solid, no matter how u wash it, they conflict & nothing like powder came off unlike Ehfisubtrat.

If u hv e chance, open up a box of Ehfisubtrat & Ehfisubtrat Pro, u will know wat i am talking abt. (Pls dun let e boss caught u doing so).
i think u r right about this powder form. Check out the new pro stuff today.

There r additional feature like the shape of it is unique so it create a vortex effect when water r pass thru.
PH is neutral
Longer usage life.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:47 AM   #13
riccia_craze

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal
i think u r right about this powder form. Check out the new pro stuff today.

There r additional feature like the shape of it is unique so it create a vortex effect when water r pass thru.
PH is neutral
Longer usage life.
Yap u got it 100% correct, Bro Jackal! Nice that u can open it from e box & compare....e truth is in e box.

Ehfisubtrat Pro has better surface for BB, longer life span even thou it's more expensive but it's definitely worth e $ cos u dun need to change it so often, no wear & tear effect like Ehfisubtrat.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:07 PM   #14
exodike

I just got some not long ago. The surface area is the same. The difference is the shape. The pro is round in shape. No pointed edges to break off and become dust like regular efisubstrat. Less debri will collect on them since they are round and more smooth. Should be less maintenance because of this. Both are made of the same stuff. Probably doesn't cost any more to make. Just another way to get our money!