Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #11
mybirdshit
Dragon

I have just been told for breeding tosai fish more than 6 months old can be used...
So I have changed my criteria a little bit...my objective now is to find male ranchu tosai 6 months up (but must be at least 13cm and above up) to nisai aged fish...and for nisai female also can...and I think to keep to my budget I am now only looking for thai bred ranchu since a lot of jap fish are hard to get and may blow my budget...
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #12
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

U can definitely breed them at 6 months but the quality of fries might not be desirable.

Jap breeders in order to control the quality will only use parent fishes that are Nisai and above.

For Toshai to be 13cm is rather huge right? competition grade Toshai also 12.5 cm enuf already.

Think Thai ranchus are very nice too ... and they cost only a fraction of what you need to pay for a Jap ranchu of a similar quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdshit
I have just been told for breeding tosai fish more than 6 months old can be used...
So I have changed my criteria a little bit...my objective now is to find male ranchu tosai 6 months up (but must be at least 13cm and above up) to nisai aged fish...and for nisai female also can...and I think to keep to my budget I am now only looking for thai bred ranchu since a lot of jap fish are hard to get and may blow my budget...
samuelphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #13
mybirdshit
Dragon

Well,I only look to tosai if nisai fish not really available...I have my own japanese nisai males from Yamashiki as well but they are only standards...
I have seen many tosai at 13cm before...my female was about that when I bought it as tosai...it was about 7-8 months at the time...now it is 17 cm...
Old 16-06-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

Wow!!! 17cm? that must have looked very good

Quote:
I have seen many tosai at 13cm before...my female was about that when I bought it as tosai...it was about 7-8 months at the time...now it is 17 cm...
Old 16-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #15
mybirdshit
Dragon

Sure look good...that is why I want babies from her...
Old 16-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #16
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

Good luck on your ranchu hunt then
and keep us posted on any progress

Quote:
Sure look good...that is why I want babies from her...
Old 16-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #17
Sotong King

Quote:
Actually I did get a AAA tosais for RM300+ here in Malaysia...however that budget is only if I can from a local hobbyist...
However,I am willing to pay about S$400 if need be in Singapore...you can help? I go to Singapore to look cause Malaysia at the moment seems to have no stock anywhere...not in Penang,Ipoh or KL...they have nisai japanese fish at RM200 but are far below standard...standard fish are at RM400-500 but these are all sold out...competition class fish around RM700-1000 seem to be sold even before they are unpacked...so I need to look out of Malaysia...
Which part of Malaysia to get nice topview ranchu. Are those from Japan or Thailand.
Old 16-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #18
mybirdshit
Dragon

In Malaysia for Thai ranchu,Pondfarer's Design in Ipoh is agent for Thai Ranchu Centre...occasionally has japanese ranchu but since he has had to move location of his shop he has not brought in any fish yet I think...
For japanese ranchu I know there is one guy in Penang who imports but I am not sure of his location...but he seems to only bring in fish at end of the year...
Arowana Aquarium in KL brings in japanese ranchu more often...but now also no stock...
Other places I am not so sure...
Old 17-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Default yo i know

JK AQUATICS
no.60, lorong 25A Geylang, singapore388250
tel/fax: (65) 67460233

Quote:
I will be coming down to Singapore to hunt for top-view ranchu...anyone knows anywhere that currently has stocks of nisai top view ranchu? Like TASC,Japan Ranchu Palace or somewhere? I need to know so that my trip is worth my time...here in Malaysia no stock at the moment...
Or even better...anyone here has an extra nisai male top view ranchu for sale? It does not matter whether it is thai or jap fish,but quality must be reasonable...a good outline is AAA fish or better...anyone can help?
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #20
mybirdshit
Dragon

Thanks...I will look at the place...