Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
maznawi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Oh ok.. Mine hasn't coloured up eversince I bought it months ago
Patience Bro. Will surely colour up one day.
Anyway, it's still a nice piece.
Where are the rest of the bichirs
 
Old 02-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
washywashy
Dragon
 
washywashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
I have been keeping mine for a year or so, only recently can see the contrast, not sure why. Have seen some with very high contrast specimens from hobbyist, so I guess very subjective, could be environment.
Is the contrast similar to mine? I changed the substrate around 3 times but still no effect. I started with SUDO Real Brown, 3M Colourquartz (what ZhenXiang is using) and now, blood red from ANS. Will change again to red quartz when stocks are in. Other than my ansorgii, my guinea lap has "full color" but lack contrast. Hence, can't see the markings. Hope things will change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznawi View Post
Patience Bro. Will surely colour up one day.
Anyway, it's still a nice piece.
Where are the rest of the bichirs
Hopefully lah bang.. Hehe, nothing to show lah... Will take good pics when everything is complete
washywashy is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
Squid
Endangered Dragon
 
Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,032
Default

Just picked up a piece of Lap. would you guys be able to identify if this is wild caught or captive bred>?



Squid is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
G2Red
Dragon
 
G2Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientHao View Post
23" Ansorgii
20" PBB
wonder how long does it takes for this PBB to colur up...=)
G2Red is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
AncientHao
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
wonder how long does it takes for this PBB to colur up...=)
Not sure, It's not fully settled in. My old PBB settled in after 1 week.
 
Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
AncientHao
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Random shot of my group!
-2x Congicus,3x Ansorgii,1x Ornate,1x Endli,1x PBB,1x AnsorgiixEndli hybrid.








 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
G2Red
Dragon
 
G2Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientHao View Post
Not sure, It's not fully settled in. My old PBB settled in after 1 week.
It will be nice if can settle in after 1week...=)...

anyway notice that you mainly collect Congi and Ansorgii...=)
G2Red is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
AncientHao
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
It will be nice if can settle in after 1week...=)...

anyway notice that you mainly collect Congi and Ansorgii...=)
Congicus are my favorite. Ansorgii is proably my 2nd favorite. I want to get 2 more Congicus. Grow out from 10" or something. I still need a Dabola.
 
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
G2Red
Dragon
 
G2Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientHao View Post
Congicus are my favorite. Ansorgii is proably my 2nd favorite. I want to get 2 more Congicus. Grow out from 10" or something. I still need a Dabola.

to grow out from 10" might take some times to hit 20"...=)

Dabola seem hard to come by as compare to congi and ansorgii...=)...

and never see Dabola on Toyin's stocklists before...=)
G2Red is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
AncientHao
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
to grow out from 10" might take some times to hit 20"...=)

Dabola seem hard to come by as compare to congi and ansorgii...=)...

and never see Dabola on Toyin's stocklists before...=)
10" to 20" should only take about 1-2 years. My 24.5" Congicus took almost 3 year from 7". Toyin does bring in Dabola, got to ask him.
 
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)