Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 18-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #581
ahball
Dragon

Oh ya, not using (and not intending to) use CO2. But I am going to get some excel
ahball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #582
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahball View Post
Oh ya, not using (and not intending to) use CO2. But I am going to get some excel
Might want to consider having some soil sloping up towards the back of the tank. I find that iti always makes a planted tank look nicer as it adds more dimension and angles to the scape, rather than a flat soil surface.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #583
ahball
Dragon

Ya thinking of doing that. Anyway I have added in the driftwood!

What do you normally use to support the gradient of the soil?
Old 20-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #584
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Ya thinking of doing that. Anyway I have added in the driftwood!

What do you normally use to support the gradient of the soil?
Looks good, bro. Just some questions. Are you planning to add in more plants? Also, consider replacing those 2 rocks with bigger ones. Methinks that once your hairgrass grows up, your rocks will "disappear" into the undergrowth. Moreover, taller rocks will look good in your scape. Just my 2 cents. Good lck and happy scaping!
Old 21-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #585
ahball
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Looks good, bro. Just some questions. Are you planning to add in more plants? Also, consider replacing those 2 rocks with bigger ones. Methinks that once your hairgrass grows up, your rocks will "disappear" into the undergrowth. Moreover, taller rocks will look good in your scape. Just my 2 cents. Good lck and happy scaping!
Thanks! Yeh I adding more plants. Tied java fern and spiky moss and a bit of US fissiden already.
I not using CO2, and the HG has been there quite a while. I think that is my max height );
Old 30-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #586
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Looks good, bro. Any updates from any of the other planted 30cm cube tank bros? Seems like the planted section has suddenly gone all quiet.
Old 31-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #587
Neondagger

I going to try grow hc in a 1ft cube.
Using artica chiller,eheim 2213. ADA amazonia New powder,power sand,monster root,ADA frets. All the super powered nutrients for plants. I try to give my plants the best.
But I not sure if I should use a led light or a t5ho light.
Old 31-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #588
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neondagger View Post
I going to try grow hc in a 1ft cube.
Using artica chiller,eheim 2213. ADA amazonia New powder,power sand,monster root,ADA frets. All the super powered nutrients for plants. I try to give my plants the best.
But I not sure if I should use a led light or a t5ho light.
Hi, bro. My experience with LED for planted tank, I find that it's usually insufficient. I tried growing hairgrass with 2 LED lamps before, mostly turned brown. After I switched back to T5, hairgrass all start growing again. Mine is 1.5ft, so I've tried with Up Aqua's slim LED lightset x 2 and also tried with Aquazonic Sirius LED lightset, gave up on both. Now using Aquazonic Super Bright T5.
Old 31-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #589
Loudness

Quote:
Thanks! Yeh I adding more plants. Tied java fern and spiky moss and a bit of US fissiden already.
I not using CO2, and the HG has been there quite a while. I think that is my max height );
i love the thick thick DW at the back. I suggest u remove the rock, as it make increase the GH. thus, ur shrimps may have problem molting and die. i think it'll be nicer if u add more ferns.

thanks for sharing
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #590
Chia Loon

No updates from this thread???