Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 18-01-2010, 03:04 AM   #21
Spakase

Quote:
I beg to differ, SG farms do have nice xbs too, dun forget, SG originally has no xb, iz all from malaysia........ not to point out particular malaysia farms, i do see lousy xbs......
SG farms do have nice xbs, but the quality pales in comparison with MGs bred by Msian farms.
It is a fact xb are from Msia, SG farms went to breed them into TY and enhanced RTGs.
I tend to compare the end result rather than juveniles or mid sized fishes, for an xb I use gold intensity as the benchmark, the others like the small tail and yellow finnage are a testimony of the preservation of the species. I don know if this is also your benchmark after reading your EBXB purchase, I think you have a different benchmark. To me, if there is a depart from MG look, there is a high chance that copper and other colours could creep into the adult aro due to the red genes or RTG genes introduced. Hence to buy an xb and have it turn out to be a half red is to me, bad breeding impacting hobbyists who are looking for the real thing.
Old 18-01-2010, 03:44 AM   #22
yquah
Arofanatic

Default http://www.guangming.com.my/node/65990?tid=3

(柔佛‧新山)3名男女分乘3輛車子企圖從新加坡走私總值約30萬令吉的金龍魚闖關,遭預先接獲情報的漁業 局在關卡截獲逮捕。

這起罕有的走私金龍魚案於週三(1月13日)下午2時許,在振林山丹絨古邦馬新第二通道的關稅及檢疫大廈被 揭發。

被捕的3名本地男女年齡介於26至38歲,他們是在當天下午企圖掩人耳目,分乘3輛車子入境時,遭漁業局聯 合關稅及檢疫大廈派出的執法隊伍截查。

第二通道關稅及檢疫大廈執法組主任莫哈末沙蘭指出,執法組檢查3輛可疑轎車後,發現了15袋每袋各有兩尾金 龍魚的塑料袋。

他說,遭截獲的金龍魚預計年齡介於3至4歲,未曾向漁業局申請執照。

根據國內市場估計,每尾金龍魚預料售價介於9000至1萬令吉,而“落網”的30尾金龍魚總值可高達30萬 令吉。

莫哈末沙蘭說,依據當局所搜獲的金龍魚體型來看,相信這批魚是作為繁殖用途被運進來,待成功繁殖後才陸續將 魚售給全國各地的養殖或觀賞魚業者。

他指出,金龍魚是其中一種被列入“瀕臨絕種野生動物國際貿易公約”或簡稱“華盛頓公約”的受保護物種,也是 大馬相關執法單位關注的一類珍稀物種。
yquah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
aroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
SG farms do have nice xbs, but the quality pales in comparison with MGs bred by Msian farms.
It is a fact xb are from Msia, SG farms went to breed them into TY and enhanced RTGs.
I tend to compare the end result rather than juveniles or mid sized fishes, for an xb I use gold intensity as the benchmark, the others like the small tail and yellow finnage are a testimony of the preservation of the species. I don know if this is also your benchmark after reading your EBXB purchase, I think you have a different benchmark. To me, if there is a depart from MG look, there is a high chance that copper and other colours could creep into the adult aro due to the red genes or RTG genes introduced. Hence to buy an xb and have it turn out to be a half red is to me, bad breeding impacting hobbyists who are looking for the real thing.
I do agree with u for xback gold intensity is the most important selection criteria for me oso , i dun really care spoon head or nt finnage super big or nt.
singapore do have gd xback wif good gold intensity of coz bodyshape cant compare wif hybrid one.But singapore hbrtg standard is very high lah hehe
Old 18-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
sebarau
Dragon

Quote:
I tend to compare the end result rather than juveniles or mid sized fishes, for an xb I use gold intensity as the benchmark, the others like the small tail and yellow finnage are a testimony of the preservation of the species. To me, if there is a depart from MG look, there is a high chance that copper and other colours could creep into the adult aro due to the red genes or RTG genes introduced.
salute you on this remark. that is why in M'sia there are some ppl die..die want those aro with MG traitmark even with high prices...
sebarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

Dunnoe which farm involved hor????
Andrew Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
Edmundo

Quote:
Noted. However, the eb is not purchase becos of the wide spread caudal. Iz more of the shine. The defective caudal does not come to a point to make me not to buy tat. IN fact, iz the caudal defect tat make the fish chepaer and more reasonable to buy for that kind of shine. Each has their own selection consideration so do you. However, my point across is not about selection of aros, iz about you claim that sg has not nice quality aros. I do agree at some point malayan breeds are more "tradiitional" but old school SABF still have nice traditional xbs. If the deviation should arise, comsumers have to bear part of the blame becos of escalating demand of spoon, big finnages, long pertoral, helmet etc..... right?

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
aromatix
Dragon

I'm assuming the guys carting the aros over did not apply for any export/import permits under CITES.
will the seller(s) in Singapore be implicated or would it be considered local sale(s)?
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
garykueh
Arofanatic

Interesting discussion. My views are :

the good Msian farms won't sell brooding stock to competitors
<True>

everything now goes to China
<Demand more them supply, True. Not limited to China though>

they will export the offspring of all these SG bred "xb" to us, and China, and the world
<That is why, we need to support local farms>

it's bad news becok the xb from Malaysia will no longer be as gold, since they are bred from poor stocks from SG farms
<I think not true, SG farms are producing quality xb, through pure bloodline breeding, I think maybe is because of unethical traders looking for a quick profit>

It is a fact xb are from Msia.
<True>

Conclusion : I think Singapore farms have improved the quality of xb through pure blood line breeding by collecting the best of the best blood line. As farmers do not sell good brooders to each other, the supply are limited. One way to get good blood line are from the hobbyist in Singapore. In a market where demand is more than supply, people try to get in the business. It makes sense to do it in Malaysia. Cheaper operating costs and the water quality is good. Security may be another issue though. As the quality of Singapore bred aro has already reached such a high level that even Malaysia farms try to buy from us, it is due time to support local farms.
garykueh is offline   Reply With Quote