Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 08-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #451
denser
Dragon

sorry for your loss, bro
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #452
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by denser View Post
sorry for your loss, bro
Thanks bro

This morning is so beautiful. I finally have a small pup from my female ray. The father is my recently passed away male ray... For the past few days, my female ray was 'flying' near the water surface and this really worried me... I am so glad that she finally gave birth...

Here are a few pics taken. I just hope the pup can survive as it doesnt really move much at the moment. Any tips what should I feed to the pup? Can I just feed kuning? Should I separate it with the mum?

Happy Happy Happy
Cheers

ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #453
Aro77
Dragon

Congrats on this happy occasion , best would be to separate and put in a floating basket. yes can feed kunning , first fillet it and then chop it small small and throw 1 piece at a time , this way u can monitor if the pup is actually eating or not. try feeding tomorrow onward. Cheers.

u have my number , if u need a basket just buzz me cheers
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #454
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Congrats ! Nice pup there
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #455
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Thks bro Aro77 for your kind offer. Really appreciate it

Thks bro Shadow7 for your kind words

Is it normal that the new born pup not swimming around? Most of the time, it just stationary I have just made a temporary holding area for it. Hope it will start moving around soon....

Old 25-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #456
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Go get those baskets without holes below then u can observe the food u dropped in if it started to eat and btw the one u using looks uncomfortable to the pup's underbelly
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #457
Aro77
Dragon

Yes bro. Pls get a proper basket. Best is with a nice flat surface so its more comfortable. This diy one from wire mesh looks like it has sharp stuff sticking out ( likely from cutting the mesh ) may injured the belly if rub against it. Also the food may fall through the holes
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #458
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Wanted to transfer the pup to my office tank this morning and found that it didnt pull through the night... Now very sad... I am wondering if the wate temperature variation in the outdoor pond is too big for the pup to adapt? Or was it other reasons that caused the death?

Life is short and everything is so unpredictable.... Enjoy and Love while we can....
Old 26-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #459
maxon88
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Wanted to transfer the pup to my office tank this morning and found that it didnt pull through the night... Now very sad... I am wondering if the wate temperature variation in the outdoor pond is too big for the pup to adapt? Or was it other reasons that caused the death?

Life is short and everything is so unpredictable.... Enjoy and Love while we can....
Well sometime for the first batch the pups are generally weaker. Pump the female up and go for the next round.
maxon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 11:02 AM   #460
morriselma
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post

sorry for your loss.. difficult to determine the cause of death for the pup as not enough days to observe.. in any case like you mentioned, enjoy and love while we can.. best ensure the female is actively eating and then find her a new male
morriselma is offline   Reply With Quote