Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
Reth

Hey thanks guys! I do enjoy taking pictures, especially of my fish that I find so fascinating! I could just watch and photograph them for hours, even more so since it's in my own room haha. I think I'll start posting my fish shots in the Aquatic Showcase section, unless I do any re-scaping or add any new plants then I'll update here!

Tank update: My fish have been doing well, no deaths so far! Quite surprising since the tank is only a few weeks old. The oto is keeping the tank squeaky clean! Today I decided to try feeding cucumber for a treat. Boiled a few slices, plonked one into the tank and kept the rest in the freezer. At first none of the cories or oto noticed it. But after awhile they went for it, and the oto was really hogging it haha- he's really fat now. Even a few of the card.s took a nip at it! The fish mostly ate at the center of the cucumber slice, where the softer flesh is. Soon even all 3 of the cherries came out of their hiding places one by one and went for it. I can't imagine what cucumber in a shrimp tank would look like hehe. I've decided to leave the cucumber overnight on a suction-cup-hook thingy.

some for the fat otto..

some for the cories..

some for the curious cardinals..

and even the cherries!

Hey that rhymes! None for the gouramis though..

Thanks for looking guys!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Excellent photography skills and well documented Journal. Looking forward to your next update...
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
Dragon

you might want to add some foreground plants like hairgrass?
900801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #14
Reth

Hehe thanks Alvin. Won't be long

900801; I dunno if normal plants can survive in my bare gravel. Most plants require those small brown ball-ball substrate in order to be planted directly on the ground yeah? Kinda makes me wanna redo my tank with those :/ I was thinking of doing carpet plants, like moss or something.. Using wire mesh

Any suggestions?
Old 13-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #15
bbpippen

interesting food haha, i think ill try it too
Old 13-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #16
Reth

I think veggies like this are more for suckerfish and shrimp I heard cucumber is a real shrimp magnet haha.
Old 17-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
kennyskng

Default Where did you buy the tank

hi its a beautiful setup, simple yet interesting, you can try taking some moss ball, open it up and you can do some nice scaping with it.
Old 21-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #18
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reth View Post
Hehe thanks Alvin. Won't be long

900801; I dunno if normal plants can survive in my bare gravel. Most plants require those small brown ball-ball substrate in order to be planted directly on the ground yeah? Kinda makes me wanna redo my tank with those :/ I was thinking of doing carpet plants, like moss or something.. Using wire mesh

Any suggestions?
why not use hmm java moss,i pefer christmas moss and tiawan moss provided the temperature is right 23-27 degrees celsius but it takes a while to grow once it settles down it would start growing and it would look great.Tie it to a wire mesh that fits the out line of the tank then lay it at the bottom so you can have a carpet effect.So you do not have to tear it down?wire mesh you can go nature aqurium near balestier you can also buy moss from there.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Reth

Thanks kennyskng (:

Yeah I'll most probably be doing a carpet-moss thing, but when I have the time haha. But I read that java moss grows really fast? I'm afraid that it would take over the tank if I don't trim it regurlaly.. My tank's temperature is usually 27-30 degrees celsius thanks to a fan that I bought and DIY'ed to the hood.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #20
Dragon

it depends if your tank fits their condition then they will grow but it takes a while so its ok to just try the wiremesh first.