Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 13-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
ash
Dragon

bro, during the 9 days period before you place in the sterbai cory, did u cycle the tank?
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
alex_82_6768
Arofanatic

Nice tank bro ... Can share if the light enables good growth ?
alex_82_6768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
ahhKiatz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
9 days after the aquarium was filled up, ammonia and nitrite levels have dropped to zero. The Corydoras were introduced and here is the first full tank shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
bro, during the 9 days period before you place in the sterbai cory, did u cycle the tank?
Hope this help in replying ur question. Bro JIG introduced nhis sterbais only on the 9th day where ammonia and nitrite lvl drop to zero, which is consider cycled.
ahhKiatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedfish View Post
nice project!!! may i ask where did u buy the Ecoxotic Aluminum LED Arm | 12,000K 9 watts LED ??? does it cost an arm and a leg?
I will PM you bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Great journal and scape as always, bro Isaac. Some points to note though, you listed Seachem Excel as your source of Carbon Dioxide. I take it you are referring to Seachem Flourish Excel? Flourish Excel is merely a source of carbon, but it is not CO2. I made that mistake myself when I bought my first bottle. The carbon content found in Flourish Excel provides the same benefits as CO2 but on a lower scale. Benefits are that since it is not CO2, it's usage does not affect PH levels. Also you listed the dosage as 3ml daily, is that an intentional overdosage on your part, as I'm currently only dosing approx 1-1.5ml every few days and I'm wondering if I need to dose more? Also noticed that you used the 2213's carbon filter pad. Will it require regular replacement, as with all AC-type filtration media? Am asking coz I have yet to use my 2213's carbon pad.

I realised my water conditioner and cycling aid and even my carbon source and canister filter are same as yours.

One more question, do you encounter frequent clogging of your 2213's fine filter pad due to the uneaten leftovers from feeding the cories Hikari Sinking Wafers?
Hey bro! You are right, Seachem Excel is not carbon dioxide but a carbon source. Sorry about that. And yes, I always intentionally overdose excel as they are a weaker form of carbon after all. But this is just my personal experience and preference.

Yes, the carbon pad will require about monthly changes. It's activated carbon.

Nope, my 2213 does not clog easily as I feed a little at a time. All food gets eaten up in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas4life View Post
ADA!. Salute you bro. wahaha. your not the only one that loves JF. I love all the variety of JFs.. hehe
I'm glad you like the Java fern too! I have it in almost all my aquascapes. Haha. Get an ADA tank, you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhKiatz View Post
Nicely done as usual JIG!
Thank you for your kind compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_82_6768 View Post
Nice tank bro ... Can share if the light enables good growth ?
The right intensity of lighting promotes good growth, not the type. For my details on the different types of aquarium lighting, you can read this article: http://theaquaticgazette.com/2011/06...hting-options/
Old 13-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhKiatz View Post
Hope this help in replying ur question. Bro JIG introduced nhis sterbais only on the 9th day where ammonia and nitrite lvl drop to zero, which is consider cycled.
Thank you for helping me answer bro! For those that are wondering how I managed to cycle the tank that quickly, I was surprised myself! But I think it is due to the heavy use of Seachem stability and the fact that I made zero water change until the tank was cycled.

With a soil based substrate however, I would make regular water changes. But for my inert sand-based substrate, I decided to not make any water changes so that the concentration of Seachem stability is not diluted. I got no way to prove that my theory works but I did managed to get it cycled 5 days faster than when I was using ADA Aquasoil and making daily water changes.
Old 13-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #16
alex_82_6768
Arofanatic

Thanks bro ... Jus wondering the light is good for nano reef...
alex_82_6768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #17
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_82_6768 View Post
Thanks bro ... Jus wondering the light is good for nano reef...
You can use this light but I think you will have to add more LED strips to it. It depends a lot on what corals you want to keep.
Old 16-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #18
Eric9013

Wow very nice and detail setup, can't wait to set my panda Cory tank also, give me 2 months. Btw pls also pm me the light$$ and also your u shape water pipe info, thanks
Old 16-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #19
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

WAH BRO! long time never come here and come in here see this awesome looking tank.. always wanted such a cory tank but heck, no space in my house.. keep the updates coming!
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
WAH BRO! long time never come here and come in here see this awesome looking tank.. always wanted such a cory tank but heck, no space in my house.. keep the updates coming!
Bro Evoz, you have a cory tank 4 x bigger right?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote