NI KI
Arofanatic

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #142
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Mohamed Salah reaction - The FIFA Puskas Award Winner 2018

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 25-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #143
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Mohamed salah goal

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 25-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #144
NI KI
Arofanatic

Key points

Here’s the key points from that press conference this afternoon.

- Jurgen confirmed that Simon Mignolet will start against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup tomorrow night.

- The manager says there will be changes to the starting line up but not all 11.

- Dejan Lovren has trained with the team four times and “looks ready” to play.

- Virgil van Dijk’s injury is ‘much better already and not too serious’, according to Klopp.

- The German boss added that Liverpool “are really competitive and they really want to win the game against Chelsea but they are a really, really strong football team so you cannot ignore them.”
Old 25-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #145
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default LFC injury update: Lovren, Origi, Lallana and Solanke

Dejan Lovren and Dominic Solanke are back in contention for Liverpool but Wednesday's Carabao Cup tie against Chelsea is likely to come too soon for Adam Lallana and Divock Origi is ruled out.

The Reds host their Premier League rivals in the third round of the competition, with Simon Mignolet set to start in goal and Virgil van Dijk to be assessed due to a rib issue.

Jürgen Klopp has been boosted by the return to full training of Lovren, however, while the manager confirmed Solanke is ‘completely back’ too.

“Dejan looks actually quite good. He trained completely normally now four times,” explained the boss at his pre-match press conference.

“He had a very intense period before that; he trained with the fitness guys already for 10 days or so before we took him then in normal training. So he looks ready.”

Origi sustained an ankle injury while representing Liverpool’s U23s team earlier this month and no rush will be taken with his return due to its nature.

Lallana, who picked up a groin strain on England duty at the beginning of September, is further along in his recovery but is not likely to feature against Chelsea.

“Divock is not far away but it’s an ankle thing and a very unfortunate situation,” added Klopp.

“We will be very careful – the ankle was the problem he had after the Everton game years ago. He will be back, I’m pretty sure, next week but not now.

“Adam trained with the team, not the full session but will now come back step by step. About tomorrow, I don’t know, but it will not be that long anymore – he is in a good way.”
Old 25-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #146
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 25-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #147
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Virgil van Dijk fitness latest

Liverpool will carefully assess Virgil van Dijk's fitness ahead of Wednesday night's Carabao Cup tie with Chelsea.

The No.4 had to be taken off early in the second half of the weekend win against Southampton after sustaining a further knock to an already existing minor rib issue.

At his pre-match press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Jürgen Klopp was asked for an update on Van Dijk’s availability.

“He is much better. It is still a bit painful, nothing else,” replied the Reds manager.

“Painful is already not too cool, so we will see how we deal with that. But it’s already better. How we thought after the game, it’s not too serious but it’s not nothing.

“So that needs to settle, for sure. I didn’t speak to him [yet] today so we will see how he comes here today and then we’ll make a decision about him.”
Old 25-09-2018, 09:43 PM   #148
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Klopp on Mignolet start and other line-up changes v Chelsea

Simon Mignolet will start Liverpool’s Carabao Cup tie with Chelsea at Anfield on Wednesday night, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The goalkeeper will be handed his first appearance of the season, replacing Alisson Becker between the posts for the third-round fixture.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Klopp said: “The only position I will confirm today that we will change if nothing happens in training is Simon.

“Simon will start, all the rest you have to wait until tomorrow – but it will be a good team, believe me.

“Nothing else to say about line-up or who can have an opportunity or whatever. Each game is an opportunity and it’s all about is it the situation for it, is the player ready – there are different things you have to consider when think about the line-up, especially for a cup game like this.

“It will be a very good side that we will line up tomorrow.”

Asked for details on whether he’d made any further changes to his line-up for the encounter, Klopp refused to be drawn on what kind of team Liverpool are likely to field against Chelsea, other than to insist it would be a ‘really strong side’.

“I have nothing to say about that, to be honest,” continued the boss. “I don’t think I will get any information until tomorrow about the line-up of Chelsea. So, why should I give any? We are really competitive, and we really want to win the game.

“We will see. I have to make decisions, I will make decisions and it will be a really strong side. I will not even name the number of changes, but it will not be the maximum and it will not be the minimum – it’s between them. We will see.

“One I have already confirmed, so it cannot be nil [changes], and it will for sure not be 11.

“We will have a good team and I really want to see us playing good football because it’s our rhythm and we are used to playing three times a week, so let’s do it.”

With Mignolet set to be handed a first run out of the campaign, Klopp was asked on how the ‘keeper has responded to Alisson’s summer arrival and subsequent installation as the Reds’ No.1.

“Brilliant,” he stated. “He has been brilliant. Yes, how you can imagine, a transfer window time is one of two moments in the year when you can make decisions about going somewhere or bringing players in.

“Yes, Simon would have been ready to go to another club to be the No.1 in the world, that was clear, but we couldn’t do it and since then he’s been brilliant.

“He trains fantastic, it’s all good, and he absolutely deserves the game tomorrow. I am really happy to give him the opportunity, that’s all.”
Old 27-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #149
NI KI
Arofanatic

Harry Wilson reminds Manchester United of his Liverpool allegiances after stunning free-kick in Carabao Cup shock

Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson played a starring role as Derby County silenced Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United to knock them out of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night - and wasted no time in reminding Old Trafford of his Anfield allegiances in the process.

Trailing to Juan Mata’s early strike, the Wales international equalised for Frank Lampard’s side with a stunning 30-yard free-kick on the hour-mark as he found the top corner with a swerving effort that goalkeeper Sergio Romero didn’t even move for.

The 21-year-old celebrated by holding his hand aloft to make the ‘five times’ gesture in reference to Liverpool ’s five European Cup Final wins, in a move that did not go unnoticed by delighted Kopites on social media.

He then played a key role in the Argentina international being shown a red card less than 10 minutes later after racing onto a long ball forward.

Finding himself one-on-one, the winger saw his goallbound shot handled by the shot-stopper outside of the penalty area as United were reduced to 10 men.

Jack Marriott fired the Rams ahead late on as he headed past substitute goalkeeper Lee Grant.

The substitute reacted quickest to get to the ball ahead of an offside Wilson after Mason Mount’s initial shot had been saved, with the Liverpool loanee dummying a low cross earlier in the move.

However, Marouane Fellaini headed home a stoppage-time equaliser for Manchester United to take the tie to penalties.

Wilson coolly slotted home Derby’s third spot-kick, sending Grant the wrong way as he powered home into the bottom corner.

Former Reds goalkeeper Scott Carson then saved from England international Phil Jones to seal an 8-7 penalty shootout victory for the Rams.

And to cap off his night, Wilson's performance saw him named man of the match by Sky Sports.

Speaking after the match, the winger said: "It was one of them it was a bit too far out to curl it, so I've gone to put my laces through it and get a bit of movement. Thankfully I've done that and it's nestled in the corner, so it was nice!"

Derby will find out their fourth round opponents on Saturday with the draw being made at 9pm on Quest TV at the start of the EFL highlights show.
Old 27-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #150
NI KI
Arofanatic

Harry Wilson has been selected as MOTM for Derby County in their Carabao cup match yesterday