Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #1
Ekia

Default Review of Aquaz Hydro Triplex Premium (water conditioner)

After seeing a lot bad comments about Nutrafin water conditioner ( http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...62&hl=nutrafin ), decided to change to another water conditoner and see the difference. Since Aquaz is a new product, decided to try their water conditioner... These are the observations made:

1. I would usually use a syringe to measure the amount of water conditioner to use and then squirt them into the pail(for water change). When using Nutrafin, some bubbles would be observed after squirting the conditioner into the water. When using Aquaz conditioner, no bubbling observed.

2. After the water change(using Nutrafin),my skimmer would normally over-bubbled and the bubbles will overflow into the skimmer cup. After my water change using Aquaz, some extra bubbling observed but no overflowing observed. Skimmer back to normal after 15mins.

3. In the website, the conditioner is stated that 10ml treats 20l of water. However, the instructions in the bottle stated 5ml. I used the 5ml dosage.

4. Using the dosage from the bottle (Aquaz), the whole 250ml bottle can treat 1000l of water. Nutrafin 500ml bottle can treat 1750l of water.

5. The retail price for Aquaz is $10.. not sure about Nutrafin but I got it for $10 for the 500ml bottle. However, Aquaz now having promotion.. buy 2 get 1 free... that 3 bottles can be calcium, alkalinity addictives etc...

6. After some calculations, using the retail price:

Aquaz: $10 treats 1000l (If using promotion price.. $6.67 treats 1000l)
Nutrafin: $5.70 treats 1000l
Seachem Prime: $1.40 treats 1000l (250ml bottle at $14) - Seachem dosage is much lesser at 1ml treats 40l.

Nutrafin and seachem is definitely much cheaper than Aquaz. However, using Aquaz conditioner.. no or very little bubbling is observed. Didn't use seachem before.. so I cannot comment. So those who are very particular about bubbling.. can consider using Aquaz conditioner...
Old 12-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Ekia

Default Hydro Triplex Premium™

Hydro Triplex Premium™ is a formulated conditioner suitable for both freshwater and saltwater aquarium which is a must when setting up a new aquarium and with every change of tank water. Hydro Triplex Premium™ rapidly neutralizes chlorine, ammonia and chloramines by breaking down the bonds between chlorine and ammonia by converting ammonia into a non-toxic by-product. Hydro Triplex Premium™ also eliminates heavy metals like " Lead, Cadmium and Zinc" by binding them.

Hydro Triplex Premium™ is compatible with most antibiotics and can be dose directly to systems with an active biological filtration. Hydro Triplex Premium™ is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents like potassium permanganate and its solutions. It should not be used with aquarium medications containing malachite green or methylene blue or any related dyes. Water solutions treated with Hydro Triplex Premium™ is compatible with most salicylate test kits, except test kits using Nessler's reagents will give fales readings.

Hydro Triplex Premium™ is non-toxic and approved for use on aquatic animals intended for human consumption, tested on sensitive shrimp larvae, shellfish and aquatic invertebrate. Hydro Triplex Premium™ is recommended to be use during shipping of live animals to rid toxic ammonia for 72+ hours and increase rotifer production by up to 40%.

Directions of use :
Dose 1 capful ( 10 mL ) of Hydro Triplex Premium™ for every 20 Liters of water for new aquarium set-ups and during changing of water.
Increase to a double dosage ONLY IF high content of chlorine, chloramines or ammonia are detected in water source.

Content :
Deionized water & Hydrosulfites.

Precautions :
In the case of an eye or skin contact, rinse under running water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention.

Size : 250 mL -- Product of U.S.A

Keep out of the reach of children. Not for consumption. For aquarium use only.

(Copied from http://www.aquaz.org)
Old 12-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
woonming

Originally Posted by woonming
Hi Ekia,

I would like address that there has been some printing error which was not notice and sorry for any inconvienience cause.

After i have checking with Aquaz, it should be 1 capful (10ml) treats 40ml of water.

Ming
Old 12-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
Hi Ekia,

I would like address that there has been some printing error which was not notice and sorry for any inconvienience cause.

After i have checking with Aquaz, it should be 1 capful (10ml) treats 40ml of water.

Ming
So the website is wrong and the instructions on the bottle is correct...
Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
woonming

Erm this batch of label is wrong. Web site is right.

Hehe... sorry about it, i think the mistake was made during the process when the text was change from German to English./
Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 PM   #6
wlchew

Bro Ekia,
so you have overdose liao .. but one thing is confirmed..it is better than Nutrafin as it does not cause skimmer to go crazy..in the event of over-dose. ...

I will consider switching to Aquaz to avoid my skimmer go crazy next time .

Great Job, Ekia! Nice review.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew
Bro Ekia,
so you have overdose liao .. but one thing is confirmed..it is better than Nutrafin as it does not cause skimmer to go crazy..in the event of over-dose. ...

I will consider switching to Aquaz to avoid my skimmer go crazy next time .

Great Job, Ekia! Nice review.
Thanks....
Have been using Aquaz conditioner for the past month and found it to be really good. No extra bubbling in skimmer observed at all... even after water change. One extra thing that I didnt put it down. Aquaz conditioner has got no colour and Nutrafin is rather yellow... The only bad thing abt this Aquaz conditioner if the hefty price tag... maybe can come in bigger and cheaper bottle?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:27 AM   #8
woonming

LOL Ekia, there is a promotion now buy 2 get 1 free now :P
As there is also another big difference on the product which is non-toxic and approved for use on aquatic animals intended for human consumption, tested on sensitive shrimp larvae, shellfish and aquatic invertebrate. Hydro Triplex Premium™ is recommended to be use during shipping of live animals to rid toxic ammonia for 72+ hours and increase rotifer production by up to 40%.

Larger packing would be 500ml but maybe fish mart must need to be convience to carry them.

:P