Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 30-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #51
Steven87
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
Its not the Champion. My arowana is never been send for competition.
Those babies are kept in a dark tank, without any lights at all.
oh ok. thanks!
Thumbs up for no wtt
Steven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #52
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Of course i am happy with the aro, which is why i am paying quite a sum for it. In fact, i dunno what u mean by horse shoe, izzit those designs and dots on the scales? in fact, i love it so much.

So, did u see the other youtube i download? is it traditional classic or is it crossbreed.

Bro,

Attached please find a link to a yellow tail aro... see the award winning batik face and horse pattern ?

http://aquafisher.org.ua/wp-content/...ellow_Tail.jpg
fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #53
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong View Post
Bro,

Attached please find a link to a yellow tail aro... see the award winning batik face and horse pattern ?

http://aquafisher.org.ua/wp-content/...ellow_Tail.jpg
Bro Fong,

I seriously do not know what is yr intention to keep on telling me its linked with green aro. I already told u whether it has green gene or not, i do not care as i like the fish alot and i am willing to pay a high price for it. Bcas the end result is a beauty to me.
Just like u find yr own platinium is a beauty, which personally i have no preference for platinium.

Got few bro ask me to ask u - u got(my aro) or not? u know where to buy or not?
Old 31-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #54
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Bro Fong,

I seriously do not know what is yr intention to keep on telling me its linked with green aro. I already told u whether it has green gene or not, i do not care as i like the fish alot and i am willing to pay a high price for it. Bcas the end result is a beauty to me.
Just like u find yr own platinium is a beauty, which personally i have no preference for platinium.

Got few bro ask me to ask u - u got(my aro) or not? u know where to buy or not?
BRO, no intention, you said you want to see what is "horse shoe"? I came across this aro which has the same face and scale pattern.. so I post it to show you. Apologies if you are offended.
Old 31-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
nel

Quote:
BRO, no intention, you said you want to see what is "horse shoe"? I came across this aro which has the same face and scale pattern.. so I post it to show you. Apologies if you are offended.
I am not really offended. Rather, i am amazed by the speculation and analysing of things.

Perhaps there are breeders who attempted that, just bcas they saw batik and horse shoe on green aro. In fact, pearl aro is alot very nice, spotty all over. They can attempt too. And if a silver aro having red scales, deep blue core like a grade 1 red aro, from $12 a piece, can easily sell it at $3k a piece. Bcas only the breeder has it and no other ppl have. All these are speculations.

Let me go a little step further. Lets ASSUME this breeder ever did it before. If u got a deep blue XB, will u attempt to X-breed with a green, so that u might get the batik and horse-shoe? What will happen to its colours? More blue or dull green? How many aros need to breed and be successful to have babies? Once the babies arrive, so how to tag the aro? XB cert or green cert or Green XB cert? Will it look greenish or bluish, male is XB or green? Will u sell and put the farm reputation at risk? Maybe no. U let the babies grow up, 1-2 years, u see the colours. Risky. So u waited it to fully matured, and u crossbreed again using selective method. This time u dare to sell the babies? worth the risk? Maybe no. U waited another 3 more years for fish to mature. Babies come again. PERHAPS, i mean PERHAPS, it is the batik looks when fish grow big. Total minimum period, 8-9 years. So are u telling me breeders going to experiment for 8-9yrs just to get batik with horse shoe? and then sell us much higher? will experiment be successful? they do it just bcas its batik face? i salute the breeder for his time and effort. But u also take note, where can u find present days bbxb, the colours is more blue or at least on par with mine. And to crossbreed with a dull looking green, perhaps u get batik face and horse shoe scales, the colours will be even more blue? i take colour pencil and try later.

But what if breeder crossbreed with XB and red aro, both having fantastic colours and commanding a high price. End results- we have what we initally called - rainbow or tongyan. Is it very successful? not really. But there are bros, who told me, red also has batik (snakeskin) and horse shoe. Maybe this breeder trial-run on this 2.

Also, look at breeders who tried breed red aro with green aro. What you get? grade 2. How much it worth? in the past at $300, now $200 and even lower. Why is it not successful. Won't they crossbreed the grade 2 with red again and get quality? And waited another more years?

look at XB and RTG, end results? Some will have pearlies, some no, some higher cross or fully cross, some no. Now presently market flooded of it. Any demand? Low demand. From initally selling at $888, now can get at $198. Even paying XB prices from reputatable farm, u getting HB instead. All these, we know and heard alot.

Ultimately, whether this breeder has crossbreed or he doing selective breeding of aro, i really don't know. Neither will he tell me. I will not speculate. If it is so easy to crossbreed and get the quality i am having now, the market should be flooded with it. Maybe he skilful. If he is skilful, i salute him. I will ask him to crossbreed red and silver aro. Silver body with red scales, not inject colours.

Finally, I am here to share my collection of aro, not to debate whether it has green genes or not. And to find batik face in the farm, like mine, its rare. Period.
Old 31-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #56
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Perhaps there are breeders who attempted that, just bcas they saw batik and horse shoe on green aro..
Bro,

No one will tell you that horse shoe patterns are desirable traits. Reasons are:
1) They make the scales look dirty (not clear)
2) They are tell tale sign of a green bloodline.

If they are not pleasant to the eye and indication of lower grade, why would any breeders attempt to even create such genes?

You can always double confirm with bros here if green genes is a desirable gene in a cross back and if horse shoe pattern is a good trait and should be enhance further.

If their response is negative then why would anyone even bother to breed green with golden?

Farmers x breed reds and golden for the following reasons:
Thin Frame = from Red
clear Blue Base = from Red
High crossing = from red
bg large finnages = from red

The result is a nice and stunning clean blue base thin frame high crossing red x golden hybrid
Old 31-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #57
nel

Quote:
Bro,

No one will tell you that horse shoe patterns are desirable traits. Reasons are:
1) They make the scales look dirty (not clear)
2) They are tell tale sign of a green bloodline.

If they are not pleasant to the eye and indication of lower grade, why would any breeders attempt to even create such genes?

You can always double confirm with bros here if green genes is a desirable gene in a cross back and if horse shoe pattern is a good trait and should be enhance further.

If their response is negative then why would anyone even bother to breed green with golden?

Farmers x breed reds and golden for the following reasons:
Thin Frame = from Red
clear Blue Base = from Red
High crossing = from red
bg large finnages = from red

The result is a nice and stunning clean blue base thin frame high crossing red x golden hybrid
its such a waste u are not a breeder, with yr intelligence.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #58
nel

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

update of my comm tank
Old 31-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #59
nel

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another crossback for you guys viewing....
Old 01-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #60
nel

http://youtu.be/k6thtWZxNag Sharing another comm tank. Or rather overcrowded tank. They have been living together happily for long time....