Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 18-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
ranmaru1987
Dragon

ya bro.. many many bubbles and air will be trapped in pores of media.. pores in the sponge.. and many nooks and crannies.. mine took 2-3days to clear.. lol.. i think what fluval says about the problems is not when u just set up ba.. but if u set up for quite some time and suddenly got micro bubbles then maybe is the problems that they stated.. i would leave it and monitor a few more days.. cos if u open up the canister again, new air would get trapped inside..
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

ok.. the filter is ok now.. guess im just too paranoid.. one guy said his filter has been producing micro bubbles for 5 mths! now the problem is after one over night tank still cloudy, i guess the filter sponge in the Fx5 not fine enough?
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
ok.. the filter is ok now.. guess im just too paranoid.. one guy said his filter has been producing micro bubbles for 5 mths! now the problem is after one over night tank still cloudy, i guess the filter sponge in the Fx5 not fine enough?
bro.. glad the micro bubbles issue is resolved.. keep fish must relax, dun stress yourself..

the cloudy part could be due to bacteria boom in ur new tank or it could be high bio-load.. and normally if u disturb your medias or use new medias, it will take time for the particles to settle down..

the orginal spoonge for FX-5 is gd enough.. 3 trays of sponge filtration
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gereld_hor View Post
bro.. glad the micro bubbles issue is resolved.. keep fish must relax, dun stress yourself..

the cloudy part could be due to bacteria boom in ur new tank or it could be high bio-load.. and normally if u disturb your medias or use new medias, it will take time for the particles to settle down..

the orginal spoonge for FX-5 is gd enough.. 3 trays of sponge filtration
true bro.. hmm.. the sponge provided just by looks is not as fine as sera filter wool though.. or rather, not even near the fineness of sera filter wool.. shall give it more time.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote