Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #61
tgxworld

it makes your fish grows faster. this one depends alot on the individual =D
Old 09-06-2008, 01:53 AM   #62
gyjd
Arofanatic

think all type food will still make our fishes grow but probably our fishes will prefer some variety.....haha
gyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #63
ahball
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic_idiot View Post
I think there's alot of other foods which we can also feed our fishes be it live or dry foods. Tubifex worms once if we did not wash properly or not fresh there's lots of chances our fishes turn up sick.

In my opinion, i still avoid feeding them tubifex worms. If want live foods can choose adult brine shrimps or baby brine shrimps, for dry food i feed them NLS grow or flakes.. Quite a lot of food to choose so why trouble to risk your fishes to sickness?
actually i nvr heard of people feeding adult brine shrimp. is it good?
ahball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:20 AM   #64
ThoughTs

can we pour boiling water to "cook" and hence sterilise the worms b4 feeding?? i tot i came accross a bro doing dat some time ago in dis forum b4 i registered..
Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #65
3rdevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughTs View Post
can we pour boiling water to "cook" and hence sterilise the worms b4 feeding?? i tot i came accross a bro doing dat some time ago in dis forum b4 i registered..
Lol, dont! I never came upon that treatment, and i also dont think i will smell nice too lah
Old 25-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #66
rainman

Hi all! I'm pretty new to the forum, but for as long as I know, I've always had a thing for bettas, and that's about 20 years ago! quick background info: been away from SG for some time (14 years) and trust me, it's tough keeping bettas when the temp is around 17 degrees celcius all year round! Just moved back to SG, and the first thing i did was to drop by the local lfs to check out the betta scene.. oh boy, have things changed! back then, halfmoons were only available in pictures in the books i browsed at bookstores! VT/deltas and traditional plakats were all i had! bred a couple of deltas and was quite successful then.. but left for the US and haven't been able to since.. but i'm back now!

anyways, to cut my story short, been trying to keep tubi fresh for my bettas (i used to only feed tubi to my bettas, but conventional wisdom has thought me otherwise now!) and figured i'd share some input:

after buying tubi from lsf, i usually wash them a few times before letting them 'settle'.. once the water is noticeably clean, i drain them (with a clothe) and deposit them in a container. using only ktp water, i fill them enough to cover the surface, but not so that they're 'swimming' in the water.. been able to keep them this way for at least two weeks, with no smell whatsoever! kudos to the OP of this thread for trying this out! anyways, hope this was of help! cheers!
Old 25-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #67
Trick
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
Hi all! I'm pretty new to the forum, but for as long as I know, I've always had a thing for bettas, and that's about 20 years ago! quick background info: been away from SG for some time (14 years) and trust me, it's tough keeping bettas when the temp is around 17 degrees celcius all year round! Just moved back to SG, and the first thing i did was to drop by the local lfs to check out the betta scene.. oh boy, have things changed! back then, halfmoons were only available in pictures in the books i browsed at bookstores! VT/deltas and traditional plakats were all i had! bred a couple of deltas and was quite successful then.. but left for the US and haven't been able to since.. but i'm back now!

anyways, to cut my story short, been trying to keep tubi fresh for my bettas (i used to only feed tubi to my bettas, but conventional wisdom has thought me otherwise now!) and figured i'd share some input:

after buying tubi from lsf, i usually wash them a few times before letting them 'settle'.. once the water is noticeably clean, i drain them (with a clothe) and deposit them in a container. using only ktp water, i fill them enough to cover the surface, but not so that they're 'swimming' in the water.. been able to keep them this way for at least two weeks, with no smell whatsoever! kudos to the OP of this thread for trying this out! anyways, hope this was of help! cheers!
Best is to use aged water rather than direct tap water.
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #68
VR2004

hoho.... i bought 30 cent tubi flex worms n 11 days later they are still alive!!!! water change is the most impt!!!!
Old 14-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #69
YiDaLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR2004 View Post
hoho.... i bought 30 cent tubi flex worms n 11 days later they are still alive!!!! water change is the most impt!!!!
n on daily basis ya?
Old 14-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #70
VR2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiDaLi View Post
n on daily basis ya?
twice per day