Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #181
alvinchan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahSengYong View Post
I mean can share the soil and filter you using. Type too fast.
Benibachi Soil with Fulvic Grains on all tanks with overflow system to sump.
individual air sponge filter in each tank.

Old 26-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #182
silane
Senior Dragon

First of all, ones need to know how to play PRL and what is PRL.

PRL is about pedigree, unfornately, in Singapore, initial players just want to capitalise of the line name to impress people or take photo from somewhere else to lure hobbyists to buy from him.

There arent many in Singapore will buy top line PRL to breed, many will just buy the lowest grade PRL of a certain to breed and sell it like a predigree.

I can tell you a few cases, 1 to 2 year ago, a group of opporuntists bought lowest price PRL from the lowest line PRL, that is cheapest. So they showed what they bought and what they bred out, but these shrimps have no different in look then CRS, some even comment they look worse then CRS.

This case, as far as I know the parental was from lowest grade Nishiki from Taiwan at very low cost. What type of high grade one can expect lowest grade nishiki to produce? One can expect good offspring, if one paid top dollars to buy 1 group of breeding stock. And it is also different from one who just bought 1 nice one to show off to lure people to buy his breed out.

Also there are cases who use my name, saying those PRL lines were from me, but I cannot assure they were from me nor I can endorse the quality. Intensional mix or intensional mix can happen and importantly, what was the quality breeding stock they used.

Ask whoever you want to buy PRL from, the initial parental stock pictures and who they bought from. And get validation from the initial parental stock seller. That is is the way to ensure pedigree.
Old 26-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #183
silane
Senior Dragon

Keeping CRS or Keeping PRL, depending on the setup, they will be a sweet point which will bring out the color. Paying attension to equipment and part used, these are the core to ensure minimal survivality of shrimps, the rest of additives will give them better conditions and health and thus better survivality and breed well (not just breed). One will have to use his skills, his knowlegde to find it to bring out the color and to breed them.

I have seen cases of blind following the blind for setups, within a year or 2, all wipe out, the shrimps and the hobbyists.

If ones shrimps have not breed, it is something wrong. Shrimps keeping is to breed them, that means their condition is ok and they are comfortable.

Last edited by silane; 26-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 26-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #184
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
If ones shrimps have not breed, it is something wrong. Shrimps keeping is to breed them, that means their condition is ok and they are comfortable.
Yea agree previous 2 failure setup i've never got the chance to see them dancing other than using ero.

Now i see them like bunny dancing naturally so happy that i finally getting it right. Better watching the shrimplet grow..... priceless

Last edited by avex30; 26-07-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Old 26-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #185
Xmant
Dragon

Just my opinion, a good setup doesn't really need to be complicated. Use of branded / expensive filtration system don't guarantee that your setup will be good.

For those that had seen my setup before, mine is really simple and my shrimps are doing well. There will be a time when the system is going to fail, but as long as you have a good shrimp keeping system, you will be able to get your shrimps to breed again and pass on to next generation.
Old 26-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #186
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Just my opinion, a good setup doesn't really need to be complicated. Use of branded / expensive filtration system don't guarantee that your setup will be good.

For those that had seen my setup before, mine is really simple and my shrimps are doing well. There will be a time when the system is going to fail, but as long as you have a good shrimp keeping system, you will be able to get your shrimps to breed again and pass on to next generation.
can see meh hahaha i always thought u said your house out of bound leh bro??

Old 26-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #187
Marc7

Cool Shrimp breeding

This thread is getting pretty interesting but provided a very good lesson for all especially those who just started taking up this hobby. Quite typical in our society as we emphasize too much on "branding".

Actually shrimp breeding is all about enjoying the process. Yes, it's very time consuming. Takes a lot of TLC and $$ investment but because it's never easy that's why it's so satisfying when u succeed. Reminds me of picking up golf. When I started breeding it's mostly grade As, then it took me almost 2 yrs of selective breeding to get to current stage of majority grade SS. And along the way a lot of trial & errors on EQPTs, parameters, WC system blah, blah, blah. So don't just follow blindly instead experiment it yourself and convince yourselves what works for u and what don't.

Also there's always been your own preference. Who says u must follow the trend. My personnal fav has always been SS grade CRS with solid colours and sexy legs. To be frank no offence to anyone but I'm still trying to like the BKK and WR but in my heart there're nowhere near my fav grade. Which is why I don't have any of the exp ones. At least for now. A lot of us have great passion over this hobby but no doubt some will skew towards the commercial value side of it. I guess it's just part of us as human beings.

And remember this great hobby is also about making friends. And as usual we all have the freedom to choose our own circle of friends.

Sorry if I get too long winded as I consider myself still quite new, just want to wish all "Happy shrimp Keeping". Cheers....

Last edited by Marc7; 26-07-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Old 27-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #188
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie View Post
Hi bro so u been to his house? What a flipper he is. We wanted to go to his house to change bro Alvin 3 pcs of so call NSK PRL, but he told us he never let anyone go up to his house!!!

Hey BER bullshit is what you do best hor from what I see
yes bro veggie.. i went once b4...

Old 27-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #189
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
can see meh hahaha i always thought u said your house out of bound leh bro??
To very few people only.....
Old 27-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #190
veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowy View Post
yes bro veggie.. i went once b4...
Have you seen what he reply?? Full of crap con ppl and still tell us he never let anyone go up to his hOuse.

Closed Thread