Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 23-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by foesracing
most local farms practises GW....by their standard...

for us...it's probaly clean water some minor sunshine is fine enuff
When I was in Thailand, I visited the home of Master Kashino's student, where some of Master Kashino's best ranchus are kept outside of Japan. There I also saw the Tosai champion from Aichi bred by Master Mita. No GW was ever used and they practise WC every 4 to 5 days feeding duckweed instead of algae.

I did not get to see the feeding process, but I was told that GW was never used and that N700 was used for the feeding together with BW and daphnia. At that time, the ranchus as I was told was due for a WC having to endure the water for 4 days. Probably they change the water after I left. The water was slightly "milky" and I was told that the fish are not so active because the ranchus needed a WC.

The FGT that housed the ranchus were approximately 8' x 10' and about 1' deep. The stocking level was 3 precious ranchus per tub. No filter and no aeration being used.
Old 23-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #12
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
When I was in Thailand, I visited the home of Master Kashino's student, where some of Master Kashino's best ranchus are kept outside of Japan. There I also saw the Tosai champion from Aichi bred by Master Mita. No GW was ever used and they practise WC every 4 to 5 days feeding duckweed instead of algae.

I did not get to see the feeding process, but I was told that GW was never used and that N700 was used for the feeding together with BW and daphnia. At that time, the ranchus as I was told was due for a WC having to endure the water for 4 days. Probably they change the water after I left. The water was slightly "milky" and I was told that the fish are not so active because the ranchus needed a WC.

The FGT that housed the ranchus were approximately 8' x 10' and about 1' deep. The stocking level was 3 precious ranchus per tub. No filter and no aeration being used.
Brudder, I think from what you say you also don’t use this system, correct or not? also brudder, do you think the breeders and keepers will show us all their secrect?

Last edited by FieryBetta; 23-08-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 23-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
cheangv

Interesting that they don't use any aeration which seems to go against the accepted practise and norm.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
FieryBetta

Brudder for such a big tank with only 3 ranchus no need aeration and gwater also cannot get
Old 23-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
tygerlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv
Interesting that they don't use any aeration which seems to go against the accepted practise and norm.
By the way a 8' by 10' is a big surface area for 3 GFs, more than enuf oxygen.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
LauLanChu
Dragon

People say goldfish originates from wild carp and need to be kept outdoor in the pond or stream and maybe in the wild If you believe in them better don't have goldfish as a hobby as you are torturing them But note that goldfish also evolve with our various keeping method and note that goldfish nowadays is much more delicate due to various human manipulation...
Technology is there for us to experiment and use and whether we want to forego that and stick to the old method is our choice. Who can ever predict a once popular typewritter can be obsoleted There are several ways and method to reach the goal, but which is the most efficient and practical we have to learn and find out. If we still believe GW is the only method to have nice goldfish and start renting ponds and spend time travelling to kampong with only seeing your fish once a week, or rotating method, that's the end and you will never come out of this vicious cycle.
The Japs are moving away from GW and the fact is most of top breeders are no more practicing that, so why are still believe only GW can groom good fish?
So the moral of story is let's improve and move on and not stay with the conventional method. As the Guru quote, let's don't fall into "The blind leading the blind trap". People say GW is good and you definitely must use that.
I started off with GW and have a phobia with that. I used to keep my fishes in outdoor cement ponds with GW and hardly see my fishes. One fine day, when I empty my pond, to my horror my precious goldfishes are missing. Till to date, I still don't know my fishes have been stolen, eaten by cat or vanish in thin air. So, how do you enjoy this hobby without even knowing your fishes are still alive. I certainly vote for CW as goldfish keeping is purely a hobby and I have to see them alive and swimming.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #17
Ranchu Lover

One more thing that I forget to add is that they perform 100% water change. The water passes through a huge stainless steel charcoal cannister about 2.5' dia x 6' tall. I was told that the charcoal needs replacement once a year.

You must know that Master Kashino student lives in a very huge bunglow beside the river bank at a very high class estate. You can literaly launch a boat from his house.

One more thing, Master Kashino goes through the task every morning and evening to siphon off the ranchu's waste. How to see shit if you use GW?

Last edited by Ranchu Lover; 23-08-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 23-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #18
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
People say goldfish originates from wild carp and need to be kept outdoor in the pond or stream and maybe in the wild If you believe in them better don't have goldfish as a hobby as you are torturing them But note that goldfish also evolve with our various keeping method and note that goldfish nowadays is much more delicate due to various human manipulation...
Technology is there for us to experiment and use and whether we want to forego that and stick to the old method is our choice. Who can ever predict a once popular typewritter can be obsoleted There are several ways and method to reach the goal, but which is the most efficient and practical we have to learn and find out. If we still believe GW is the only method to have nice goldfish and start renting ponds and spend time travelling to kampong with only seeing your fish once a week, or rotating method, that's the end and you will never come out of this vicious cycle.
The Japs are moving away from GW and the fact is most of top breeders are no more practicing that, so why are still believe only GW can groom good fish?
So the moral of story is let's improve and move on and not stay with the conventional method. As the Guru quote, let's don't fall into "The blind leading the blind trap". People say GW is good and you definitely must use that.
I started off with GW and have a phobia with that. I used to keep my fishes in outdoor cement ponds with GW and hardly see my fishes. One fine day, when I empty my pond, to my horror my precious goldfishes are missing. Till to date, I still don't know my fishes have been stolen, eaten by cat or vanish in thin air. So, how do you enjoy this hobby without even knowing your fishes are still alive. I certainly vote for CW as goldfish keeping is purely a hobby and I have to see them alive and swimming.
Do you know your car today still run on rubber tyres
Old 23-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #19
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
How you know this brudder?
Old 23-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #20
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
Do you know your car today still run on rubber tyres
And do you know how come we are able to communicate here
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote