Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #21
goldfishfever

Wah! Cannot tahan your ranchu, very nice man. Can let me know your lobang where you bought this ranchu, Japan or local. Been to the shop at North Bridge road the other day, the ranchu there is a far cry from yours.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #22
egstring

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Wah! Cannot tahan your ranchu, very nice man. Can let me know your lobang where you bought this ranchu, Japan or local. Been to the shop at North Bridge road the other day, the ranchu there is a far cry from yours.
bro,
go to Serangoon North , LONG HU AQUARIUM. They sell Thai Ranchu, abt 4 inch, very nice. $80 each.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:07 PM   #23
goldfishfever

Thanks for the information. Are the ranchu at this shop the top view or side view type.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #24
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
No die lah.. sell them away, i travel very often nowadays, and ranchu very difficult to take care if i am always not around...

Aro still ok, i am not around for 3 month now, and my wife change water once every 3 weeks, and feed him 1~2 prawn daily.. still ok..

anyway, there is a JapRanchu competition in Osaka tml.. dunno got time to go or not...
always want to see their top class ranchu..

Why is it difficult to keep ranchu?
Old 04-11-2002, 11:07 AM   #25
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by optimus prime
hi ranchu's gang, last time the place where got nice ranchus is at sims drive.dont know still got or not.recently i went to a shop at JALAN SULTAN ROAD.check the address at saturdays straights times.i overheard the owner telling one costumer the fishes are handpicked himself from overseas.price ex of course-got standard what .so if you r on budget, i think the one at sunset way is very good also.one of the bro's here knows the add. sorry i dont, i only know how to go there.
How would u know the fish has standard if the price is ex. And what is sunset way selling?
Old 04-11-2002, 11:14 AM   #26
Ranchuseed

Quote:
hi,

I used to keep jap and thai ranchus, bacically they are different.

Thai have a fatter and rounder body, and in my personal opinion, they are best view from the side.

Jap are longer, side view does not look nice. and Top view is best. their body are longer, and the side of the body is straight, tails are spread out, swim straight. ...... and they have to be kept in tubs, 1 feet deep, and 2x3 feet at least. orelse your expensive fish may grow"out of shape"... of course if you ask the LFS, he will tell you everything is ok.. becos not everyone have space for tub...

there are some pics of my ex-jap ranchus in my gallery

How would you know thai have fatter and rounder body? How would you know that the jap fish their body is longer and the body is straight , tail spready out and swim straight
Old 04-11-2002, 11:20 AM   #27
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
cos i am a Luohan freak, just starting to have a liking for ranchu and i am reading up on them.
cos i see from websites that Japanese display their ranchus in bare basins and i am curious. so finding the best way to house them and appreciate them.
i am currently looking around for good quality ranchus.
not looking for japanese ones cos they are way beyond my budjet. maybe getting Thai ones.
any recommendations on where to find nice thai Ranchus?
How do you come about in liking for the ranchu? How would you know that thai ranchu's are nicer than Japan?
Old 04-11-2002, 11:49 AM   #28
newie

goldfish madman..

First, I do not believe expensive fish always have high standard, ie, someone can import some lousy jap ranchu, and sell them as "quality ranchu" price.. SO these fish cannot be high qualiyt type...

Personally, ranchu are not difficult to keep if you are everyday at home.. I used to keep thai ranchu in a 3feet tank, and jap ranchus in a tub. i have tried 10 days not feeding my jap ranchus and they are ok, but another time when i am not around, some got sick... i am comparing to aros.. my aro can don't eat for 2 weeks and you can be 100% sure to say he will be ok.
BUT i cannot guranntee for ranchu.. for some reason, my thai ranchu are more prone to disease when i am not around.. ???? (ie to say if i am around, and i don't feed for few days, they are ok) i am not sure what happen..
jap ranchus (i kept in green water) are less prone to diseases... mainly they are breed and raise in cemet/fibre tub, and mainly they will get only gill disease (which are very easy to cure)

Since i kept both of Thai and jap ranchus, i know that they are differnet, and i can tell a quality jap ranchu from a thai one. Good jap ranchu are judge by the body shape, and swim pattern (which is directly affected by the shape and structure of the tail), and also the quality of the colour of the ranchu.

also, i do not think thai ranchu are not as good as jap, they are baically differnet, and appreicated diffenrenlty, i have kept some good thai ranchus, which i will remember for a long time..

what about you, do you keep jap or thai ranchus?? what is your opinion???

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

How would u know the fish has standard if the price is ex. And what is sunset way selling?
Old 04-11-2002, 01:47 PM   #29
Ranchuseed

Quote:
goldfish madman..

First, I do not believe expensive fish always have high standard, ie, someone can import some lousy jap ranchu, and sell them as "quality ranchu" price.. SO these fish cannot be high qualiyt type...

Personally, ranchu are not difficult to keep if you are everyday at home.. I used to keep thai ranchu in a 3feet tank, and jap ranchus in a tub. i have tried 10 days not feeding my jap ranchus and they are ok, but another time when i am not around, some got sick... i am comparing to aros.. my aro can don't eat for 2 weeks and you can be 100% sure to say he will be ok.
BUT i cannot guranntee for ranchu.. for some reason, my thai ranchu are more prone to disease when i am not around.. ???? (ie to say if i am around, and i don't feed for few days, they are ok) i am not sure what happen..
jap ranchus (i kept in green water) are less prone to diseases... mainly they are breed and raise in cemet/fibre tub, and mainly they will get only gill disease (which are very easy to cure)

Since i kept both of Thai and jap ranchus, i know that they are differnet, and i can tell a quality jap ranchu from a thai one. Good jap ranchu are judge by the body shape, and swim pattern (which is directly affected by the shape and structure of the tail), and also the quality of the colour of the ranchu.

also, i do not think thai ranchu are not as good as jap, they are baically differnet, and appreicated diffenrenlty, i have kept some good thai ranchus, which i will remember for a long time..

what about you, do you keep jap or thai ranchus?? what is your opinion???

Have you really seen what is good show grade ranchu? You say about someone can import some lousy jap ranchu, and sell them as "quality ranchu" price.. SO these fish cannot be high qualiyt type...

are you talking about the north bridge road fish shop.

About the feeding i think if you don't feed for 2 to 3 weeks also ok. Where you get those ranchu, how come is it sick. Would you know why they get gill problem. And how can you tell if the gill is for sure cured.

For quality of thai ranchu are you talking about top view or side view. how can you tell?

How do you appreicated jap ranchu?

How do you appreicated thai ranchu?

For me i keep normal goldfish
Old 04-11-2002, 02:02 PM   #30
goldfishfever

For me i keep normal goldfish [/B][/QUOTE]

Bro, you keep normal goldfish but your comments show you know a lot about Japanese ranchu. Please share more information. I am hunger for more information so that I wouldn't get cheated and know what to buy.