Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 27-01-2005, 01:17 AM   #31
spsman

Default to all bros

actually this cartridge filter is pretty similar to those used for the water coolers. except that the water coolers type is more expensive.
the price comes with the membrane used. In fact it is common to use the TFC (thin film composite) to filter tap water before intro to tank.

What Goh had intro is a gd pdt i suppose. i will find out more abt that later.
Old 27-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #32
wlchew

I think I come across at C328 too.. ..I thought it meant for FW
Old 27-01-2005, 02:34 AM   #33
Sotong Ball

Tap Water Filter able to treat approx 200 - 300L only fm my experience. Cost wise in term of amt of water treated, i think RO+DI is more economical, last longer and able to remove almost 100% of impurities and dissolved solid compare to DI only. The setback on RO+DI is huge amt of waste water generated and unable to know when has it exhausted (might release minerals back to water if continue to use). I am thinking of adding only 1 stage of RO(membrane only) to increase the lifespan of DI but waste water is my concern.
Old 27-01-2005, 02:44 AM   #34
Goh_TM

1 can pay more to run 2 unit in series. last time read that the americans got good results in running 2.

media exhaust more uniformly
Old 27-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #35
devilfire

[QUOTE=Sotong Ball. I am thinking of adding only 1 stage of RO(membrane only) to increase the lifespan of DI but waste water is my concern.[/QUOTE]

wat u mean by 1 stage?
Old 27-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #36
soomin
Arofanatic

Think you can diy the filter also, read from a diy website, you only need carbon, rowa & poly filter, just let the tap water flow thru it.
BTW, i am using (years ago, bought for my aro at the beginning) the tap water filter mentioned by bro Goh, so far so good.
soomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 02:44 AM   #37
nicky30092002

think hor I MUST go source some Lab grade resin liao ..

this one sound correct?
Strong base resins are highly ionized and can be used over the entire pH range. These resins are used in the hydroxide (OH) form for water deionization. They will react with anions in solution and can convert an acid solution to pure water.
Old 28-01-2005, 03:03 AM   #38
Goh_TM

Yup, trying to source the resin too. If found, gonna make one using clear PVC & GF piping for fun.

So Monster, find it & u got cheap DIY DI unit. Ken, Ekia u want? Call Monster faster find. haha.
Old 28-01-2005, 03:19 AM   #39
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goh_TM
Yup, trying to source the resin too. If found, gonna make one using clear PVC & GF piping for fun.

So Monster, find it & u got cheap DIY DI unit. Ken, Ekia u want? Call Monster faster find. haha.
Call up liao he say will pass me some sample.
Old 28-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #40
piglet_oinkoink

Quote:
Call up liao he say will pass me some sample
Great!!