Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 27-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #311
-Brachyura-

Thx , will look for one to accompany my lap
Old 27-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #312
-Brachyura-

On the previous bichir thread i saw some discussion on bringing in ansorgii into sg both cb and wc....is this still ongoing? as in might sg have an ansorgii shipment any time soon?
Old 27-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #313
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brachyura- View Post
On the previous bichir thread i saw some discussion on bringing in ansorgii into sg both cb and wc....is this still ongoing? as in might sg have an ansorgii shipment any time soon?
If u meant those hybrids currently in our SGP market, I think you can try C328 Auntie shop. They always stock a few pieces there.

If you meant pure ansorgii from Japan, you might need to wait awhile. WC ansorgiis on and off we do have some shipments in but mostly are large specimens.
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #314
-Brachyura-

nah , not really interested in hybrids , guess only patience will get me a pure ansorgii.
Old 28-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #315
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
If u meant those hybrids currently in our SGP market, I think you can try C328 Auntie shop. They always stock a few pieces there.

If you meant pure ansorgii from Japan, you might need to wait awhile. WC ansorgiis on and off we do have some shipments in but mostly are large specimens.
Actually those ansorgii we have may not be hybrid as we thought to be/ID. I asked the importer already and she told me they are not as the indo breeder dun mix them with endy. Maybe we still need time to see specimens that really look like endy(with mix endy/ansorgii pattern) to really confirm that. Other than the head shape, I dun see any other similarites it has with endy. This a relatively new species we have as a CB even though this bichir has been around for so long.

If anyone want small WC specimen, pray that our importers really bring in next month. Hope I did not hear wrongly.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #316
blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Actually those ansorgii we have may not be hybrid as we thought to be/ID. I asked the importer already and she told me they are not as the indo breeder dun mix them with endy. Maybe we still need time to see specimens that really look like endy(with mix endy/ansorgii pattern) to really confirm that. Other than the head shape, I dun see any other similarites it has with endy. This a relatively new species we have as a CB even though this bichir has been around for so long.

If anyone want small WC specimen, pray that our importers really bring in next month. Hope I did not hear wrongly.
In other forum, have the picture of the hybrid.
The body clearly shows the marking of endy.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #317
-Brachyura-

Quote:

I hope so too! any idea what one would cost approx? i need to put aside $ for an ansorgii fund
Old 28-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #318
tokyogasmask

Quote:

I think it is safe to say that unless you get an Ansorgii bred by Kamihata it is almost guaranteed not to be pure blood.
(As they are the only known breeders to manage to do so)

As said in another forum, The money to be made from breeding true blood Ansorgii for a breeding group as well as the "notoriety" of the achievement, is immense. Any group that successfully breeds a fish that is technically still hard to find will want to let the whole world know (as Kamihata and similar groups always do) to not shout about it is crazy and breeders know this.

The reason you don't find groups that breed hybrids (easily done with Endlicheri as they are easy breeders) and openly call them pure bred is that a simple fin clipping under a microscope by first breeders such as Kamihata would expose any falsehoods and destroy the reputation of the breeder. (and possibly have legal issues too).

Following on from, this, I have been approached dealer that many of you get your fish from about getting Kamihata fish out of Japan, but for a good few months nothing can happen because of the effects of the quake/tsunami/radiation problems affecting here.

Last edited by tokyogasmask; 28-03-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #319
ItsAFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brachyura- View Post
I hope so too! any idea what one would cost approx? i need to put aside $ for an ansorgii fund
Yup curious to know the estimated price for these ansorgii, any rough ideas please share right wrong nvm just agar-ation.
Bro blackwolf can paste link of that forum that is showing the hybrid pics? TIA.
Old 28-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #320
songy

hi all. wanna share my little fat polli. dont know why this little fella eat so much untill the tummy so big ! hahaha

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqSLsGYTCRs?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqSLsGYTCRs?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]