Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 14-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
clap2k

Default Dennerle vs other German brands and ADA

I'm a Dennerle fan years ago but gave up the hobby for a while due to work commitments. My experience with their ferts were great. No algae problem. I intend to start a new 4ft set-up all over again. Considering between Dennerle, ADA, JBL, Aquamedic. Anyone familiar with these products please advise me coz I'm a little out of touch already.

Also looking for used Dennerle equipments; CO2 system, PH Controllers, Substrate and Ferts, etc., if anyone wants to let go. Can PM me their offers. I guess their stuff are expensive and to save money, I'm considering used ones...
Old 17-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
clap2k

Bros and sis, no one has any advice?!?!
Old 17-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
liuhao

Quote:
Originally Posted by clap2k
Bros and sis, no one has any advice?!?!
dennerle is the best german brand. ada is the best japanese brand. you can forget about others.

go for dennerle if you want professional. go for ada if you want stylish. or you can mix them for both.

for me, i would chose ada 4 feet "clear" tank, ada lily pipes, dennerle co2 system, dennerle ph controller, eheim pro III filter. liquid fertilizer i would use dennerle range and ada range alternatively every 3 months.

and ada powersand/aquasoil for soft water plants. dennerle deponit mix/quartz for normal plants.

small accessories i would choose ada range.

Last edited by liuhao; 17-03-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 17-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
clap2k

hmmm... thats sounds pro to me... my type of dream tank. Where do u usually get all these stuff? I've yet to find a shop that carry full range of Dennerle or ADA. Any recommendations? Also if u have anything u wanna let go, let me know. I'll need lots of stuff since I am starting a new tank.
Old 17-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
higher

I think Keong Siong near Zouk has a wide range of ADA products.
No one brings in ADA tanks for a simple reason, its cheaper to make the same tanks here then it is to ship them in.

So ADA tanks are almost not available in Singapore. But if you want i suggest you order them online from the ADAEurope webpage (Link found in Resource section).

Cheers,
Jerome
Old 17-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
clap2k

Thanks bro, been there before. Quite good range of ADA products. In fact they are one of my regular haunts. Unfortunately they don't carry Dennerle and ADA is more on the gravel and ferts, not so much on the equiptments ie. CO2 system, PH Controller, etc...
Old 18-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #7
liuhao

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh....php?p=2922599
Old 19-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #8
higher

Quote:
Unfortunately they don't carry Dennerle and ADA is more on the gravel and ferts, not so much on the equiptments ie. CO2 system, PH Controller, etc...
Well, i've seen Lilly pipes and C02 systems there, bear in mind ADA c02 systems aren't like our cylinders, they're in tiny pressurised air canisters. Almost like some perfume canister.

Cheers,
Jerome
Old 21-03-2005, 06:02 AM   #9
clap2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher
Well, i've seen Lilly pipes and C02 systems there, bear in mind ADA c02 systems aren't like our cylinders, they're in tiny pressurised air canisters. Almost like some perfume canister.

Cheers,
Jerome
Sorry... not too familiar with ADA yet... If the cylinders are so small then how long does it lasts???
Old 26-03-2005, 02:01 AM   #10
clap2k

Quote:
Sorry... not too familiar with ADA yet... If the cylinders are so small then how long does it lasts???
Bros, need advice on what the difference leh...