Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 21-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

thanks bro for the advise... like that i think i'll not use the tablet form.. if i got $$$ and space i'll get the Co2 cylinder =)
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #22
xersion
Dragon

there is another type of co2 in the market.. there is a bottle then u mix 2 packets of powders then mix with water. wait for 24hrs then will work le.. able to last 1 mth.
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #23
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
there is another type of co2 in the market.. there is a bottle then u mix 2 packets of powders then mix with water. wait for 24hrs then will work le.. able to last 1 mth.
DIY (yeast) CO2 suffers the same problem I mentioned earlier. The output is not consistent (as it is organic). The yeast will take time to kick off the fermentation process and during this stage the output will be less. As time goes by the production increases and it has a very steep rise in output. Then gradually it will decrease due to the acidicity as well as the lack of any more sugars to act on. This is a pure example of a cyclical output which is bad. Best is still a consistent, uniform output.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #24
htngwilliam

CO2 injection still more practical. I am using it for my 4ft. Basically now also trying tablet for my nano tank