Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #101
cartoon
Dragon

Cool

Wah! so fast u change them to the new tank? i think u should put a small lighting for them cos your fries ang more more see bo!
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #102
haya23busa
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoon View Post
Wah! so fast u change them to the new tank? i think u should put a small lighting for them cos your fries ang more more see bo!
Hmm... Thinking of that too. Maybe will buy some clip on lights. See how.
haya23busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #103
cartoon
Dragon

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by haya23busa View Post
Hmm... Thinking of that too. Maybe will buy some clip on lights. See how.
Seaview got lighting not bad, just check out the price $11/- per pc yesterday. same brand but i bought $13/- last wk at sims dr.
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #104
nefish
Dragon

Wah.....2 new house of red red......soon will be a lorong of full red reds dancing liao.Going to NDP some more.
nefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #105
haya23busa
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefish View Post
Wah.....2 new house of red red......soon will be a lorong of full red reds dancing liao.Going to NDP some more.
No choice have to get new tanks for them and i dont want to mix the 1st batch n 2nd batch together. Moreover, if put netting 34 seem like very crowd for them, so got 2 new tanks from a good friend to put them in. Ang Ang and born on National day SURE must go NDP la. Carry my tank there.... haha
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #106
nefish
Dragon

Quote:
dont want to mix the 1st batch n 2nd batch together
Hmmm...sound familiar from a master here.
Quote:
got 2 new tanks from a good friend
Good to hear tat they got more space.Anyway u just need new tanks sooner or later only.For light maybe can use 2ft type on both tank, pink light will bring out their colors.that's wat i observe.
nefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #107
haya23busa
Dragon

Default Sad

Bad News. My fry died. Only managed to save 8 out of 34 fry. Very sad and depressed.
Old 14-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #108
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Bad News. My fry died. Only managed to save 8 out of 34 fry. Very sad and depressed.
Sorry to learn about your fry. I know you feel sad but most of us have made some mistakes along the way but we learn from the mistakes and don't make them again. Overfeeding is one of the most common mistakes, we see the guppies eating furiously and think we need to add more and this is the mistake a lot of us make. Take care of the remaining fry and hope your other females or this one can drop again. I am even more cautious if I have a large batch of fry and will separate them into more than one tank/container just in case there is an accident then not all of them will be wiped out. The other thing that you need to pay attention to is the condition of your water, check your water condition periodically. I know it's not consolation but I have made many mistakes in the past and wiped out quite a lot of my guppies. I learnt from my mistakes.
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #109
haya23busa
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
Sorry to learn about your fry. I know you feel sad but most of us have made some mistakes along the way but we learn from the mistakes and don't make them again. Overfeeding is one of the most common mistakes, we see the guppies eating furiously and think we need to add more and this is the mistake a lot of us make. Take care of the remaining fry and hope your other females or this one can drop again. I am even more cautious if I have a large batch of fry and will separate them into more than one tank/container just in case there is an accident then not all of them will be wiped out. The other thing that you need to pay attention to is the condition of your water, check your water condition periodically. I know it's not consolation but I have made many mistakes in the past and wiped out quite a lot of my guppies. I learnt from my mistakes.
Thanks for your advise. I have placed the remaining back into the main tank with netting. Checked this morning and 2 of the fry couldn't make it and died also. Left with 6 of them "actively" swimming around now.
Old 14-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #110
manatwork

Quote:
Thanks for your advise. I have placed the remaining back into the main tank with netting. Checked this morning and 2 of the fry couldn't make it and died also. Left with 6 of them "actively" swimming around now.
Sad to hear that...

Tags
guppy, red guppy