Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #311
superlamon
Endangered Dragon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte
cannot lah mine still very very small. I want them to grow bigger... see slypower's bettas... so big also didn't jar... i don't think i should jar now. anyway i haven't bought my jars yet... haha
use mineral water bottles or tofu containers to jar them wil do!

remember to cover them up just in case they jump
superlamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #312
Imbellis

If can try to delay jarring till as late as possible. Because in comm tank they grow faster in body size. If you have space constrain, try to jar those potential ones only
Imbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #313
terabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro
Nice fish .... Good skills taken .... can teach me how to take such nice pics? any advice?
Thx
Thanks =) My sis took those pics. She has a special macro lens which cost her $700 (lens alone). Sorry I can't give you any advice as I wasn't the one who took those pics.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #314
slypower50
Dragon

Quote:
cannot lah mine still very very small. I want them to grow bigger... see slypower's bettas... so big also didn't jar... i don't think i should jar now. anyway i haven't bought my jars yet... haha
haha.. i got jar a few le lah.. jar around 10.. 4 is from young i already jared for testing and the rest are jared coz of desired colour and showing hmpk.. today just jared 2 showing hmpk finnage and battling in the tank..haha...anyway, for the spawn the colour is not very nice but finnage wise i am quite happy coz a lot reaching hmpk le.. heez..
slypower50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #315
terabyte

Yes ok I'll try to find those tall disposable microwave containers.

And I'll only start jarring them when they're at least 2 more weeks old. Thanks for all your advice.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #316
terabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypower50
haha.. i got jar a few le lah.. jar around 10.. 4 is from young i already jared for testing and the rest are jared coz of desired colour and showing hmpk.. today just jared 2 showing hmpk finnage and battling in the tank..haha...anyway, for the spawn the colour is not very nice but finnage wise i am quite happy coz a lot reaching hmpk le.. heez..
Even so, those in your comm tank are indeed very big. I'm jealous ler... haha.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #317
slypower50
Dragon

Quote:
Even so, those in your comm tank are indeed very big. I'm jealous ler... haha.
ok lah.. not that big lah.. haha.. think got people coming my house on sunday to view and hopefully buy some..anyone interested are welcome.. heez.. bro tera interested ma? btw.. i think jar later can produce a larger amount of better quailty de betta in terms of finnage leh.. bro tera can try to ren a few more weeks..heez..
slypower50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #318
terabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypower50
ok lah.. not that big lah.. haha.. think got people coming my house on sunday to view and hopefully buy some..anyone interested are welcome.. heez.. bro tera interested ma? btw.. i think jar later can produce a larger amount of better quailty de betta in terms of finnage leh.. bro tera can try to ren a few more weeks..heez..
oh no I have more than enough bettas to look after already... I still need to find homes for my fry... cos enlisting soon.

And yeah I'll ren a few more weeks =P
Old 11-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #319
terabyte

Update: I saw a fry with a 180 degree caudal today =D I hope it blossoms into a HM.
Old 13-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #320
terabyte

I woke up today and found 10 dead fry in my tank

8 small ones (less than 1cm), 1 slightly larger one at 1cm and the largest at 2cm.

I don't know if it were the bigger fry who had caused all these deaths as I saw them biting at the dead bodies. But just to be sure, I netted out the small fry into a 'nursery' container.