Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Vincent Lock

Default Is heater really needed?

hi bros, i

In singapore do we really need a heater for our tank? Based on our climax, the temperature does not fluctuate to much... mostly around 26°C to 32°C...

Your point of view pls?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
BuTLeR

bro i think heater don require.... have to keep the temp low..
Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
locksley

I don't think so. Unless your tank is in a 24/7 air-conditioned room and the temp is really very low.

Most of us are trying to lower our temps instead of raising it. These few days, weather quite hot. Haha!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Vincent Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksley View Post
I don't think so. Unless your tank is in a 24/7 air-conditioned room and the temp is really very low.

Most of us are trying to lower our temps instead of raising it. These few days, weather quite hot. Haha!
yup this is what i think also. singapore wheather dont seem like going to low and the most is only 25° C (if raining few days continualy, especially during nite time), otherwise will be quite hot...

I did not put any heater in my tank.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
nys

I assume you have a planted tank since you posted in this section. If so, why need a heater as most plants prefer cool temperature...
Old 05-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Vincent Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nys View Post
I assume you have a planted tank since you posted in this section. If so, why need a heater as most plants prefer cool temperature...
hi bro,

that's becoz some of my frenz told me to install to prevent fishes (as specially Tetra ) get white spot if the temp go below 26° C.

Im not sure that's why I need bro here for advise. However, I believed those fishes will able to take temp below 26° C if they are coming from the wild.. Right?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
eeeeemo

if the water is free of pathogens, no matter how low ur temp go ur fishes should be fine....

you can get ur tank to go below 26deg without an aircon?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #8
GARAGUNI

Hi,
I think it will be very confusing to have a chiller with a heater in it.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
Royston
Dragon

I keep a heater in the night coz my aircon is at 21dc & air pump running so heater set to 24dc to prevent any stress cause by temp fluctuation to the fishes inside if not later all my golden tetras go heaven heart pain & pocket pain.
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #10
ah_hong84

Normally heater are for the use of fishes (like Discus and etc) and not for planted tank.
I would say for planted, you don;t need a heater. As long as the temp is not fluctuating too much within a short period of time, the fishes will be fine.