Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #121
Apteronotidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
U mean with this system , we cannot move forward ??? Give me a solution to all those challenges that I put forth earlier lor .... stop is easy, so how to stop all those traders out to con, how to stop those that infringe our guidelines ?? ban them ?? no need warning, just ban ... good ??
My opinion:

Infringement of guidelines: Send a PM warning (and ban etc later)
This is as, sometimes I've read people say that reps don't matter to them.

Those traders out to con should either be Pmed 1st, or banned. Why tolerate people like them?

I think he means that with this system, in thread there will be "uppz to you" and "why did I get zapped", unecessary posts in threads. People will moan and groan about reputation points, its a never ending cycle.

If someone chats in forum (non chat-gossip), a pm can be sent out or a mod, or even a member can tell them to stick to the topic itself. Of course reputation points make a difference, comparing this forum to others, it is definately one which stands out, but honestly, confusion arouses when people are zapped "for no reason" (either the guy doesn't know what he did, or people just don't like him), there's a lot of tension, the often newer members like to question the system, etc. When people have high reputation points, its no difference to them. They can abuse this 'authority', zapping people just for fun. Then newer members, those with lower points then feel like they are discriminated, feel this is unfair, until they themselves realise its just a system and there's nothing to moan about.

This system goes well with the guidelines, but if some people don't care about reputation then whats the point?

I guess many members have accepted this system as part of Arofanatics, so it's hard to do away with it.

Old 31-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #122
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by master chief View Post
can lah.....one solution is to make those who con/double nicks or whatever PUBLIC aka reveal their nicks so others will know....without revealing those who flouted the rules...it will never end one....n is there any possibilities to automactically make the user who zap/up known to those who received..so that maybe there will be no more whinning n so on...
u mean make it public , no more whining ?? u mean the members will not retaliate and zap back ? will not post asking why that fellow zap him ?? will not start a quarrel because of that ?? I zap someone for flouting the rules already they argue like their lives are at stake ... what makes u think people wun whine anymore ??

then u say it will never end one , so how to move on when it will never end ?? contradicting isn't it ??
Old 31-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #123
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apteronotidae View Post
My opinion:

Infringement of guidelines: Send a PM warning (and ban etc later)
This is as, sometimes I've read people say that reps don't matter to them.

Those traders out to con should either be Pmed 1st, or banned. Why tolerate people like them?

I think he means that with this system, in thread there will be "uppz to you" and "why did I get zapped", unecessary posts in threads. People will moan and groan about reputation points, its a never ending cycle.

If someone chats in forum (non chat-gossip), a pm can be sent out or a mod, or even a member can tell them to stick to the topic itself. Of course reputation points make a difference, comparing this forum to others, it is definately one which stands out, but honestly, confusion arouses when people are zapped "for no reason" (either the guy doesn't know what he did, or people just don't like him), there's a lot of tension, the often newer members like to question the system, etc. When people have high reputation points, its no difference to them. They can abuse this 'authority', zapping people just for fun. Then newer members, those with lower points then feel like they are discriminated, feel this is unfair, until they themselves realise its just a system and there's nothing to moan about.

This system goes well with the guidelines, but if some people don't care about reputation then whats the point?

I guess many members have accepted this system as part of Arofanatics, so it's hard to do away with it.
do u know how hard it is for us to keep track who we have warned before ?? who then lie low and spam again two weeks later ?? how do we track them ?? by their rep comments, why we zap them and by infraction, otherwise with 20,000 registered users, how do we keep track ... pm the members ?? first, it is damn tedious , secondly the people who are out to con dun give two hoots about any mods pm them, who cares ?? and look, we're like old grandmothers nagging, pm pm pm .... nobody cares .... we did that for four years and nobody cares .... the same damn conmen , traders, scammers come back again and again .... they spam across all boards , all section buy/sell to sell their luohans, their aros etc ... pm them ? u never know what this means until u do it.
Old 31-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #124
jwhtan
Barney

aiyo this thing i explained 5,000 times already, yet the same same " suggestions " come back again and again ... and everyone says they have read what I explained ... Oh My God, please help me get what I have posted before into their brain.
Old 31-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #125
Apteronotidae

I know it's hard to keep track, but if other forums do it, its still a valid and useful system. But then again its all down to the mentality of the people.

Old 31-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #126
jwhtan
Barney

Ok I dun want to explain anymore on the system already. I have had enough. I have explained this for years why we implement this and every now and then, someone comes up with " creative suggestions " which has been dissected and explained why we cannot have those, especially those can upzz, cannot zap ... make zappers public etc etc .... the next guy who suggested anything that has been suggested and taken down before, I zap him to zero. My tolerance on this has reached its limits. And if the person blah blah blah never read whatever, I kick him out.

Look, I explain the system before we start. I took in suggestions before implementation. I let it run one year and take suggestions after one year and made ratifications. I polled a vote to get majority decision if we should keep or scrap the system, and bloody hell, after all these, another smart alec comes knocking at the door and repeat what have transpired two and a half years ago all over again.

The same will go for the next guy who comes in here and whine about the loss of their rep points.
" I not whining but I just say his fish swee swee I kena zap, is this fair " U will be deemed as whining and off u go. I dun have time for all these crap anymore.

Enough of this damn rubbish.
Old 31-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #127
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
aiyo this thing i explained 5,000 times already, yet the same same " suggestions " come back again and again ... and everyone says they have read what I explained ... Oh My God, please help me get what I have posted before into their brain.
just continue the same thing la. diff peop diff view. hard to compromise everyone
Old 31-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #128
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
Thanks... you got my vote as well...

i'm not going to tolerate any more sarcasm and dissent over this.
Old 17-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #129
wongyeng

Thumbs up

Quote:
i'm not going to tolerate any more sarcasm and dissent over this.
I agree with barney
we shouldnt take comments here too personally and just let nature take its course.. This is a very well run forum !! Keep it up !

Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #130
zadrian
Dragon

How do I read the comments...I keep getting zapped....I should know why...as to corrcet myself...
Closed Thread