Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 18-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
scottelfy
Dragon

Default 2ft tank set-up

hi all, new to marine tank. want to try out on a mini 1.5ft tank, can anyone guide me? as i am a total newbie in marine. eg. equipment, rocks, fishes, gravel, filtration and so on. still a student so budget not that high cant afford those power equipment. hope bros can guide me along, thanks
scottelfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
yijing55

Would be good for you to start reading up first.....
The more u read and get yourself prepared, the higher chance of success meaning less $$ spent....

Can start reading this thread:
http://arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77883
Old 19-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
angmoh

sure sure ..

follow what yijing55 bro said . read through the guide. but make sure you have the patience ar.. to read it , to wait for the tank cycle , to ...

anyway keeping a marine tank is about patience and knowledge. without this 2, u wont be able to keep a good one.

if you have any prob after reading the above thread, feel free to ask
Old 20-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
KaLiB

Have you considered getting something bigger, like 2x1x1? IMO, 1.5 is a little too small(i'm assuming its not a cube tank), space is very limited(less choice of livestock too) and due to the small volume of water, it can get very unstable.

Of course, its possible to have a successful 1.5' setup(if you choose to continue with the original idea) though due to the small water volume it can get quite challenging as less water means less stable parameters. The trick, IMO is to keep as few livestock as possible. IMO, the ideal bioload maybe no more than 3 fish that don't grow beyond 2.5" with a few corals(if you intend to have some corals).

For a start, readup the thread bro yijing has recommended to get a basic overall idea of marine fishkeeping. From there, further research has to be done as the basics are just not sufficient. Of course, if you have any queries along the way, feel free to post on this forum and we would help you along.
Old 20-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
cukcuk

Er... when I first setup my 2ft tank, it's only a FOWLR ^^;

Been through alot, like kana conned by ppl, etc... travel the whole Singapore to look for stuffs... hehe quite fun

So have to do some readings before purchase anything...