Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 21-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #31
fusiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by issacyeo View Post
hi bro, thanks for the directions. i just remembered there's another pet shop in Carrefour, just before Jusco. remembered seeing lizards and turtles there as well
the thing about driving in m'sia is that i always just memorise the roads, not the road names cos i always cannot find the road signs
hahaha...same for me. i actually had to search google maps to tell you the road names.
anyway my parents staying around that area so i go there regularly. if anything you want me to check i maybe able to help.. but no promises though
Old 22-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
motoro_freak

whoa i wanna see sturgeon in lfs again hmm any idea which farm or lfs?
Old 22-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #33
Boo Kok Chuon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post
whoa i wanna see sturgeon in lfs again hmm any idea which farm or lfs?
I've been looking for it for years too....... @@

Btw, one in Taman Century beside Gor Char Lang restaurant sells Arapaima. If you looking for good Japanese Koi, can check out 2 shops at Permas Jaya industrial park (beside Jusco). If you're looking for non-fish exotic pets, there's one really SOLID one at this little town between Ulu Tiram and Johor Jaya (Chinese name is 烈光镇, not sure about english name), that sells pets ranging from scorpions, snakes, lizards, to porcupines, kinkajou and even Raccoon (I thought it was a mid-size dog when I first saw it). Taman Tebrau beside clinic there's one old shop I used to patronize since childhood, pretty good too.
Old 23-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #34
AroHong

AFC Member

Kulai, visit a shop called Kulai Discuss many times almost ten years ago at the start f the Gh period and saw my first of many Golden head XBs from Sian Long there. They used to carry lot of reds and Gh from this farm in a locked room next to the main shop. Don't know if its still operating now, maybe someone in the know can advise.

Last edited by AroHong; 23-11-2011 at 12:16 AM.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #35
motoro_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Kok Chuon View Post
I've been looking for it for years too....... @@

Btw, one in Taman Century beside Gor Char Lang restaurant sells Arapaima. If you looking for good Japanese Koi, can check out 2 shops at Permas Jaya industrial park (beside Jusco). If you're looking for non-fish exotic pets, there's one really SOLID one at this little town between Ulu Tiram and Johor Jaya (Chinese name is 烈光镇, not sure about english name), that sells pets ranging from scorpions, snakes, lizards, to porcupines, kinkajou and even Raccoon (I thought it was a mid-size dog when I first saw it). Taman Tebrau beside clinic there's one old shop I used to patronize since childhood, pretty good too.
hahaha heard nanyang used to sell sturgeon but never knew where nanyang was so havent check out
Old 23-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #36
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro77 View Post
Sounds good bro, do update us if you see anything good
nothing to update bro forgot i need to send in my car for polishing and waxing = 4hrs no car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
I also interested to take a look. Why don't we all go together in a mini-bus and visit JB LFS?
good proposition! but question is who wants to organise? and who has the knowledge and connections to these lfs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusiller View Post
hahaha...same for me. i actually had to search google maps to tell you the road names.
anyway my parents staying around that area so i go there regularly. if anything you want me to check i maybe able to help.. but no promises though
thanks for the offer bro but its ok lah. i tink to go and see in person more shiok haha
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #37
mictok
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
I also interested to take a look. Why don't we all go together in a mini-bus and visit JB LFS?
Their LFS can be quite a distance apart,one day may not be very productive and going in a mini bus with bags of fish will kana struck at custom.

Unless you know the owner to bring in exotic fish,most of them are normal collection.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #38
sloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
Their LFS can be quite a distance apart,one day may not be very productive and going in a mini bus with bags of fish will kana struck at custom.

Unless you know the owner to bring in exotic fish,most of them are normal collection.
Definitely will not bags the fishes back to Singapore as the oxygen may not be enough if jammed in the causeway and cause more to the owner than the fishes. The owner of the exotic fish maybe able to help if we buy in volume wise.

Since this is AF forum, we are all hobbyist, we should meet up for a trip together and sight-seeing together.
Old 26-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #39
Kai198

used to go kota tinggi for rnr. nice makan, and cheap groceries.
lfs there sells fishes at reasonable price.. remembered seeing a red tail gourami ard 6 inch for RM35. SG 15. maybe can bargain down somemore..
Old 26-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #40
Daniel_Tan183
Arofanatic

I think AVA states that all ornamental fish bought overseas must be packed in bags, not exceeding 1.5 litres of water per bag or something....
Daniel_Tan183 is offline   Reply With Quote