Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 02-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #61
NI KI
Arofanatic

Salah off for Sturridge. Another quiet-ish game from the Egyptian but I tell you what: he’s a game-changer. Liverpool need more of those.

The Egyptian has done his job. What a signing he’s proved to be.
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #62
NI KI
Arofanatic

Firmino off

Grujic on
Old 02-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #63
NI KI
Arofanatic

Goallllllllllll

Sturridgeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The icing on the cake.

First CL for Liverpool for Sturridge
Old 02-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #64
NI KI
Arofanatic

Three #UCL points for the Reds!

Old 02-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #65
nywa78
Arofanatic

Alarming to miss 4 penalties in a row at Anfield..
nywa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #66
NI KI
Arofanatic

Mo Salah's tenth #LFC goal helped him on his way to being your @carlsberg Man of the Match for tonight!

Old 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #67
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Georginio Wijnaldum injury update

Georginio Wijnaldum requires a scan on the ankle injury he sustained during the Champions League victory over Maribor on Wednesday night.

The Liverpool midfielder had to be taken off in the first half of the Group E tie at Anfield, which the Reds went on to win 3-0 through goals from Mohamed Salah, Emre Can and Daniel Sturridge.

And Wijnaldum will need careful assessment as a result.

“Nobody spoke to me so far [about it]. At half-time I asked immediately and the ankle was already swollen. It’s probably not a good sign,” Jürgen Klopp explained after the final whistle.

“We saw a kick in the game and didn’t think it was too serious. Then it was swollen. We’re not sure if he twisted it or not. For sure, we have to make a scan.”
Old 04-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #68
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Jürgen Klopp's update on Emre Can

Jürgen Klopp today offered an update on the contract situation of Emre Can.

The Liverpool manager was asked about the midfielder's future during his press conference to preview Saturday's Premier League visit to West Ham United.

Klopp said:*“There is nothing new, no new news, I would say. That’s how it is. I’ve said it a few times and it’s no problem to repeat it, I will say it again - it’s our job to make this club as exciting as possible, so that’s how it is. To sign a contract, he’s also allowed to sign a contract in May, even with a player who is already here.*

“So I have no problem with that, I said it a lot of times, as long as Emre doesn’t give me one sign that his mind is somewhere else, I don’t have to talk about this. That’s a normal thing in football, so everything is OK from my side, but nothing new.”

When quizzed on whether he was 'concerned' about Can being able to discuss a move away from Anfield in January, the boss replied: “No. That’s then part of football as well. If it happens like this, we cannot change it.

“We try, if there’s a player out there with ending contract next summer and he’s good, what Emre obviously is, then we should try to do the same, so that’s an opportunity for all of us.

“It’s only one specific case. So what could I do now, I could now say, what it isn’t, ‘it’s a big problem we have to sort this now’. Put pressure on the player, put pressure on the club, [say] ‘people are not concerned anymore’ then they are angry?*

“That makes absolutely no sense. We have to respect even an ending contact, it is like it is. There are two sides that could’ve done it differently, the club and the player, and now we have talked already too much about it. It’s just a normal situation.”
Old 04-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #69
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Three Premier League fixture changes confirmed for Reds

Three of Liverpool's Premier League fixtures in January have tonight been rescheduled for television coverage.

The Anfield meeting with Manchester City has been moved to a 4pm GMT kick-off on Sunday January 14, and will be shown by Sky Sports.

The Reds’ trip to Swansea City has been re-arranged for 8pm on Monday January 22, with Sky Sports also broadcasting this match.

BT Sport will televise the away game against Huddersfield Town, which will now kick off at 8pm on Tuesday January 30.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #70
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Stats: Reds closing in on landmark against West Ham

Liverpool head into this evening's meeting with West Ham United nearing a milestone against the Londoners.

Read on to find out what goalscoring landmark the Reds could reach on Saturday, plus five*more pre-match facts and figures from club statistician Ged Rea...

Liverpool are averaging exactly two goals per game from their nine away fixtures in league and cup this season.

In all competitions, they have netted 14 times in the last four home and away matches.

Last season, the Reds recorded their biggest victory at West Ham for 41 years when they ran out 4-0 winners.

That result represented the club's record 52nd victory at an away Premier League ground.*

There has not been a top-flight draw between the clubs in the capital since December 2001. Since then Liverpool have won eight and lost four of their trips to face the Hammers.

The Reds are three goals short of recording 200 in league games against West Ham.