Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 19-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvwenz View Post
wuds TVR? >.<
TVR = Top view ranchu
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #12
luvwenz

ur GF is cannot swim up or jus not moving? lolz. maybe is tat bladder thing?
Old 20-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #13
benjamin

is cheadstand also one of the signs of a bladder problem? i got a ryukin having occasional headstand, hope to avoid this problem as hes really nice ( in my eyes )
Old 16-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Lunn family

Thumbs up Thanks for the help

Thanks but it died any way,we now have 2 new fish which are ok and really happy, the old fish were too big for the tank when we asked at the shop :]
Old 16-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #15
joemarine

best to get a water test kit to test your water everytime before u get new fishes...it is like a pre warning kit in case something is wrong n u dont want to kill an innocent fish...
Old 16-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
KWY

water condition or PH swing.
Old 16-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #17
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemarine View Post
best to get a water test kit to test your water everytime before u get new fishes...it is like a pre warning kit in case something is wrong n u dont want to kill an innocent fish...
Don't understand the logic. Why I must test water everytime I get new fishes??? If there is anything wrong with the water, won't the existing fishes be feeling the effects?

The proper thing to do when you add new fishes to your tank is to do adequate period of quarantine and then acclimatise it properly to the tank water before introduction into the tank.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #18
mrnyunus
Dragon

Question

TS,wats ur tank filteration like?water cycled?sounds like ur having a big bowl and just adding gf's or other fishes..
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #19
stoner
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh View Post
Don't understand the logic. Why I must test water everytime I get new fishes??? If there is anything wrong with the water, won't the existing fishes be feeling the effects?

The proper thing to do when you add new fishes to your tank is to do adequate period of quarantine and then acclimatise it properly to the tank water before introduction into the tank.
This I agree 101%....

Quarantine and acclimatise (Temp + PH Balancing) is very important to an step when introducing new fishes to a community.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #20
FND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunn family View Post
I´ve had 2 goldfish and my first one died because it was sick. My other one died for no apparent reason.i need some one to help me find out why my brother´s fish has suddenly stopped being active and is just sitting on the bottom of our tank not moving.
Hi Lunn Family,

Back to your request, you'll like to check http://www.goldfish-emergency.com/news.php They placed the symptoms is different classes. You may need to read through the classes listed there. All the best.

Tags
dead, fish, goldfish, hibernation, tank