Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Aces
Arofanatic

Default What will happen to ppl of Aljunied GRC

Just a thought.. After voted hammer in what will happen to us.. will we really live in the slum for the next 5 years or meet the ppl section at void deck and facilities all run down.. What will happen to the community centre. Ppl of Aljunied grc do u have worries?
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Just a thought.. After voted hammer in what will happen to us.. will we really live in the slum for the next 5 years or meet the ppl section at void deck and facilities all run down.. What will happen to the community centre. Ppl of Aljunied grc do u have worries?
Just take ur time n repent.............. just kidding. I believe Hammer will work very hard as the whole SG will be looking at them and it will also be a report card on their performance on the GRC in the next election. Next FEEL PROUD, i will be , if i am U.
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
finclk
Dragon

Serangoon gardens, where i stay, voted the most for WP of all the wards in Aljunied. Haha.. I think shortly, they'll tear down serangoon village shopping mall, demolish chomp chomp and build a worker's dormitory there, run bus services twice as slow, rubblish collection is now once a week, water flowing from the taps is half as much liao..

see liao.. how?

STILL VOTE FOR WP!!!!!!! WP WP WP!!!
finclk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Guppies Onli
Dragon

After staying in Tampines under the Lightning for 20 years, what happened then? Still a slum with shit smell once I stepped out of the dim car park. Greeted with urine smell too in lift, void deck area and car park too.

Once raining, puddle of water on walkway that makes walking difficult. Even with sheltered walkway, still get wet. Sometimes one have to detour out of the shelthered walkway to give way to the parked motorcycle.

No hawker centre here in this 300+ zone and the food court prices have gone up sky high. Many upgrading going on but you look at the upgrading carefully, are they carried out to the benefits of the residents?

Example they changed the lightings to the MSCP here. Now one small 2 ft light for 3 parking lots! Moreover they placed this light vertically instead of horizontally so that the light can spread out...

My lift is getting worst and not performing well. No one bothers..

Quote:
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
sycar

congrat to them because they don't need to pay tax for 5 years because I never see resident living in slum area paid tax.
people in mounbatten pls work hard at next GE,so we will live in tax free area too.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Just a thought...... What will happen to the community centre. ?
WP should wrestle the community centre and all the GRO from PAP.
PA is apolitical, so all the resources shld now be managed by the winning party WP. email mr. Yam Ah Mee. YAM_AH_MEE@PA.GOV.SG if that doesnt happen.
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
westiee
Dragon

I'm proud staying in hougang under Aljunied GRC...nothing to worry abt..I'm sure WP will give n try their very best for the next 5yrs running the area.Hahaa hope no need to pay property tax too.
westiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

AJ GRC .. " chat we "(TWC fee) 100% cheaper ..
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Martin
KKJ Inspector

i got different view, if miw wan gain back ppl thrust moreover they'll work even harder... fyi, grc is 5 mp not smc hor.... so it's win-win situation for resident in aljunied grc to be served by 2 parties
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
HeiYuEr

Garfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
i got different view, if miw wan gain back ppl thrust moreover they'll work even harder... fyi, grc is 5 mp not smc hor.... so it's win-win situation for resident in aljunied grc to be served by 2 parties

are the PAP mp allow to be in the GRC since if the opps lose,they cant go to the ward as well?
Tel - 6384 9931
Fax - 6384 9932
Mobile - 9082 8282
24hrs Towing Service - 8777 1161
HeiYuEr is offline   Reply With Quote