Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 27-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #51
Aces
Arofanatic

Honesty speaking to me i don go downstair sit or do activities and just those normal cover walkway will do.. What more impt is the national policy which i feel someone need check on the ruling party and make sure they come up with policies that benefit singaporean.. I still feel it's damn stupid that i live serangoon but are under aljunied.. Nvm i like and glad got chance vote for wp in to make more ppl like ms choo cry..
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #52
DarkMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Honesty speaking to me i don go downstair sit or do activities and just those normal cover walkway will do.. What more impt is the national policy which i feel someone need check on the ruling party and make sure they come up with policies that benefit singaporean.. I still feel it's damn stupid that i live serangoon but are under aljunied.. Nvm i like and glad got chance vote for wp in to make more ppl like ms choo cry..
When I posted on Lee Hsien Loong's Facebook wall that the Singapore PAP government is definitely not a capable government ( because while rich elite might support the PAP, many ordinary Singaporeans have become disadvantaged and suffered because of PAP's policies and its refusal to change those policies), I got the following rebuttal:

Lawrence Lin:
Stanley, its easy to point finger when you are not in their shoes. as a govt, they have to balance the desire of all singaporeans, as well as planning ahead for singapore's future base on our circumstances. unfortunately, singaporeans are NOT completely alike in mind and opinion. thus its almost impossible to satisfy everyone and just as impossible to avoid offending one group when implementing new policies for the benefit of another group.
Old 27-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #53
hkh
Arofanatic

So is denying Hougang residents the right to upgrading program the desire of majority of Singaporeans ? Why can't Opposition MP be the grassroots advisor is he is rightfully chosen by the people in his ward ? Why grassroots and RC events can only be attended by PAP even when
He is not the MP of the ward ?

Thanks Hougang voters......

Last edited by hkh; 27-05-2012 at 04:53 AM.
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
... because while rich elite might support the PAP, ...
I recall that residents staying at the landed area of SGN Garden got the lowest support for PAP. I do not really think that is a correct answer.

Maybe there are those who want hawker centres or market...
Old 27-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #55
.Hack
Dragon

Low Thia Khiang slams 'baseless attacks' at WP

“Baseless attacks” and “character assassinations” were what characterised the Hougang by-election, said the Worker’s Party (WP) Secretary General Low Thia Khiang on Saturday night.

Speaking at the WP’s post-win press conference at the party’s Syed Alwi road headquarters, he said that there had been “several calculated moves” to “discredit” candidate Png Eng Huat by the People’s Action Party (PAP), and accused them of using the “carrot and stick” approach to “coerce voters from... freedom of choice.”

“PAP said this is an honorable fight, but... they used tactics to smear our reputation,” Low charged.

He was referring to a war of words that erupted, during campaigning last week, between the WP and
Deputy Prime Minister (DPM) Teo Chee Hean over a copy of leaked WP meeting minutes.

The minutes, which was sent anonymously to the media, showed Png in the running for his party’s vote for the Non-Constituency MP (NCMP) seat after the General Election (GE) last year. This, after Png had said in an interview that he had taken his name out of the ballot.

Png later explained that he had meant that he declared his stance against the NCMP scheme to party leaders before and after the GE, but that his name remained in the eventual ballot slip because of WP’s selection procedure.

Following that, DPM Teo accused Png of having integrity issues and repeatedly suggested that he was not the WP’s best choice or candidate.

During the press conference, Low took aim at mainstream media outlets, saying that they had been used as a “political tool” in the PAP’s campaign.

“Independent media is a cornerstone of a first world Parliament,” said Low. “Only with an independent media .. can the people make an informed choice.”

When asked for examples of how major news companies had affected WP’s campaign, Low referred to a photo run by The Straits Times that showed Png standing behind Low and WP Chairman Sylvia Lim in an unflatteringly subservient position.

Low also said that there would be no formal investigation into the leaking of the WP’s minutes, saying that the party had neither the resources nor the inclination to pursue the matter.

In response to Low’s assassination comments, DPM Teo also said that he welcomed the MP for Aljunied GRC and the WP to take legal action against him.

“It all came from contradictions within his own party,” added DPM Teo, who nonetheless congratulated Png on his win.

Despite the bad blood between the two camps, newly mandated Png said he was “very excited and happy” about his win, and emphasised that he would work together with PAP candidate Desmond Choo to serve Hougang residents.

“I met up with Mr Desmond Choo. We are of the same view that anything that is good for Hougang, we will support and we will do it,” said Png.

He also said he hoped that Mr Choo, who is the grassroots adviser in the ward, will support schemes to improve the lives of Hougang residents, referring to the Neighbourhood Renewal and Home Improvement Programmes that the WP has put Hougang up for.

He also reached out to PAP’s Hougang supporters, asking them for a chance to serve them.
Low also thanked Hougang residents for keeping faith with the WP in what he described as “a difficult political journey” and said the party will be in the ward on Sunday to thank voters.
.Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #56
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTG View Post
If u think amk is lousy maintain , not much change as 1979 then u know u should vote to who next time lol.
hahahaha well say .. I like it your comment
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #57
smellyfish
Dragon

despite yaw, despite ncmp, despite poh, despite WP bad showing in pay debate, despite WP accused of plagarizing materials, despite the press, despite all the expert prediction of vote swing, despite PAP sacking home and transport ministers, despite them building more flats, despite them giving free buses, in the end PAP won 145 more votes in the end.....

i dunno what to say
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #58
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

my guess 145 voteS ......... more into FT .. And work for govt job HG ppl........
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #59
hkh
Arofanatic

You forgot to stomp your feet.....

Anyway 冰冻三尺,非一日之寒..... Prataman also took 12 years x $4M before decided to retire..... It's only after the recent GE that they decided to cut their pay....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #60
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Tis morning wake up see outside all wet wet.... ah choo must hv been crying whole nite cannot slp hor.......
dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote