Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #61
coyote66

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjy View Post
being doing this since i was young.

start with an aquarium in bishan,yrs 1997.
So I am sure u din employ any foreign staff in ur lfs is becos u r against it
And not u r not allow to do so

But u got sell any foreign products like china, Malaysia when there r Singapore product available?
Aros from indo or Malaysia farm instead of local farm?
(reasons why u decide to sell foreign product is not important)

U got served foreign client looking for property instead of local client?

Employ old and poor local (even they r physically or medically unfit) instead of abled bodied local staff or not?

Since 1997

Last edited by coyote66; 05-07-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #62
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjy View Post
if u want to start a new aquarium shop,ktv pub,selling your property,come find me anytime,i teach u how to start free of charge.if u want side line,must ask roti john for approval.
wow.. envy.. u lived..
so u hired locals @ "fair" wage..
the staff were highly motivated, low attrition/resignation rate and business were running better than similar and highly profitable?

so by now, you big boss, hiring many locals at "fair" wage?

Last edited by richardg; 05-07-2012 at 08:45 AM.
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #63
foxwagon
Dragon

Can go Cold Turkey with MIW or Kate Spade or not?
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #64
zjy

come here so many teacher give me english test.
my angmo limit,if want explain,take me very long time cus it need a long page.i go check dictionary,make sure i dont write wrong words,later bomb left right i one person cannot handle.be patient and wait for my reply.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #65
AroHong

AFC Member

Is this how we change mindsets and paradigm? Government keeps harping on low end FW and turning the squeeze on the supply.

Is the unhappiness of the majority really about low end FW like cleaners and construction workers? Now many are being brainwashed to accept and think they are doing something on FW.

I personally feel the main unhappiness is not about FW, but your so call FT, people they are letting in to sales coordinator jobs, field engineers, managerial post on S passes on the next stage of depressing the local's pay and opportunities.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #66
hkh
Arofanatic

I think we locals are amaze at the magnitude that FTs are engaged in almost all levels...from Cleaners, mid levels...to top levels.... and even garment agencies are employing FTs themselves.....

And now we are cheering our FT Players in the Olympics too be it swimming, badminton or TT....plus a Victory parade later on.... and the Buses will likely be driven by FT drivers.... so you see how much FTs are into our daily lives....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #67
coyote66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroHong View Post
Is this how we change mindsets and paradigm? Government keeps harping on low end FW and turning the squeeze on the supply.

Is the unhappiness of the majority really about low end FW like cleaners and construction workers? Now many are being brainwashed to accept and think they are doing something on FW.

I personally feel the main unhappiness is not about FW, but your so call FT, people they are letting in to sales coordinator jobs, field engineers, managerial post on S passes on the next stage of depressing the local's pay and opportunities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
I think we locals are amaze at the magnitude that FTs are engaged in almost all levels...from Cleaners, mid levels...to top levels.... and even garment agencies are employing FTs themselves.....

And now we are cheering our FT Players in the Olympics too be it swimming, badminton or TT....plus a Victory parade later on.... and the Buses will likely be driven by FT drivers.... so you see how much FTs are into our daily lives....
it happens everywhere in the world
not just singapore
unless u setup your own private exclusive club
where entry is not allowed for "dogs and blacks"

free trade vs protectionism
Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #68
hkh
Arofanatic

If they truly practice free trade..... Then why impose 3/4 tank rule on cars entering Malaysia.....they should let us pump petrol there since it's cheaper....until petrol price in Singapore falls to an acceptable level under market forces.......
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #69
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
And now we are cheering our FT Players in the Olympics too be it swimming, badminton or TT....plus a Victory parade later on.... and the Buses will likely be driven by FT drivers
I will stay away from wherever the parade will take place.... else i end up being, (1) the minority Singaporean (2) kena langar by the foreign worker drivers.

Quote:
until petrol price in Singapore falls to an acceptable level under market forces....
I suspect, e termites collects about $1 per liter pumped. Just like cigs, each stick smokers light up, e termites bites into your wallet and takes away about $0.40/stick for those $11+ packs (my guess)
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #70
hkh
Arofanatic

You are right.....me too will stay away from Ah Tiongs party after the Olympics....

The petrol excise duty in Singapore is set at a rate of $0.41 per litre for 92- and 95-octane petrol, and $0.44 per litre for petrol rated 97 octane and above. As with all other products, there is the additional seven per cent GST charge..... So if Singapore cars are allow to pump full in Malaysia....our garment will loose this income.....