Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 14-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
lancerevo
Arofanatic

I always do a 100% WC after every BH feed.
lancerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Ozone

AFC Member

I am curious as shouldnt it be called oxheart ? Why beefheart when beef is a name we give to the meat of a ox?

Anyway TS depends on where is your location, no point travelling to get your heartmeals.
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
I am curious as shouldnt it be called oxheart ? Why beefheart when beef is a name we give to the meat of a ox?
Nobody call Cow Heart also?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Ozone

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
If u feed bh three times a day, say 8am 2pm then 7pm.

When would u change water??
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Nobody call Cow Heart also?
Because bull is a male and cow is female, but we dont know if the heart is from a female or male so cannot call cowheart.

I am just curious.....
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #15
vinvin

Actually it's pig heart? correct? Or it's cow/bull/ox heart?

Please enlighten
Old 15-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
Aquaponics

Actually, I dun understand what the thread is all about?

How do we MAKE beef heart? Do u actually mean processing or cutting or de-veining them or mincing them to feeding size?

If u actually means where to get them, here is my take.

I got mine from KK market and cut all the vein myself before putting them through a mincer.

There after, I would separate them into fish ball size one a flat tray lined with an upside down plastic bag. Flatten it if u want, easier to store too. Once harden, I would just put all the beef "balls" in that plastic bag and stored in freezer and just take out the amount of balls u need to feed each time.

If u are a big timer, you can get one whole box of whole frozen beef heart from the frozen meat supplier. Really save alot in this way but u need to have a chest freezer as one box might be as big as 10kg type and also due to the beefy smell, yr mum or OC won't like it to be mixed with the house food stuff.
Old 15-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Bro, how much is KK selling for per kg of BH now?

Can show picture of your "fish ball" BH? Never see before, new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaponics View Post
Actually, I dun understand what the thread is all about?

How do we MAKE beef heart? Do u actually mean processing or cutting or de-veining them or mincing them to feeding size?

If u actually means where to get them, here is my take.

I got mine from KK market and cut all the vein myself before putting them through a mincer.

There after, I would separate them into fish ball size one a flat tray lined with an upside down plastic bag. Flatten it if u want, easier to store too. Once harden, I would just put all the beef "balls" in that plastic bag and stored in freezer and just take out the amount of balls u need to feed each time.

If u are a big timer, you can get one whole box of whole frozen beef heart from the frozen meat supplier. Really save alot in this way but u need to have a chest freezer as one box might be as big as 10kg type and also due to the beefy smell, yr mum or OC won't like it to be mixed with the house food stuff.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Because bull is a male and cow is female, but we dont know if the heart is from a female or male so cannot call cowheart.

I am just curious.....
I find it insignificant leh. by the name pple know what you are refering to gd enough isn't it?
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
Aquaponics

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Bro, how much is KK selling for per kg of BH now?

Can show picture of your "fish ball" BH? Never see before, new to me.
Cannot remember now as it was years back since I keep and breed discus.

The balls are just like normal minced pork, just shape into balls or then flatten it if u prefer. easier to managed, just take the required balls and feed.

as the ball is frozen when thrown in, will float for a while and fish nibble whatever that is defrozed. I feel less prone to water clouding.

The trick is to lined yr tray with plastic bag as without it, all the balls will stick to the tray. Once harden and put together, the ball will not stick to each other anymore.

if u buying in carton, can saved as much as 40% of the cost. alot fresher and cleaner too then using ready made once, u dunno wat they had inside.

Perhaps some bro here dun like what I can doing and awarded me with his hard earned daily quota of ZAP point for sharing.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
rolex
Arofanatic

Many years ago when I was into discus, I brought pig heart from mkt. Heard that pig heart does not foul water than beef heart. But the water will abit oily after feeding.

I ask the butcher to take out the arteries for me. I boiled the heart and cut into pics. I added some sprinlina (forgot how to spell) green powder form and tera bits, vitamins for kids (brought from phramcy) and blend them.. Went to the confectionery shop and buy those ajar ajar tray (small one) and place the mix with it in the frezeer.

My family members tot I made jelly. a few victims had tried it. The best part was when I brought the vitamin, the promoter kept telling me all the benefical of my kids taking the pills, when I told her is for my fishes, she got funny expression and ask me fish eat this??

At first I tot my discus will hate the food. But suprisngly, they ate the food when first try. After a few months, they grow into very stunning big size and color is brillant (i keep blue diamond/turqiose brought from gan) always waiting for me to feed them with my invention.(too bad that time no digital cam) cannot take pic.

Anyway,at that time got new flat and getting marry soon. so give up all the hobby and give all my precious discus to my friend. They died shortly(two weeks) under his care
rolex is offline   Reply With Quote