Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
MPeX

Default 22 years ago - my first planted tank!

Today, happened to find my ancient family photo album while doing some packing, and I found this pic in one of the pages... quite surprised as I never knew it existed.. i was around 5 then..

Memories memories.. back in those days, the only stuff i ever poured into the water was Rid-All anti-chlorine... had a couple of guppies and swordtails inside, and i even remembered 1 mama swordtail giving birth in the middle of the night, and my mum woke me up to view the spectacular birth of many many fries!! Sadly, all got eaten up by mama fish almost immediately after they were born...

Fish diseases seem non-existent then, I've never encountered fungus, finrot or what have u... the good 'ol days...

Old 27-03-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
astro

haha so cute
Old 27-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
altum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Today, happened to find my ancient family photo album while doing some packing, and I found this pic in one of the pages... quite surprised as I never knew it existed.. i was around 5 then..

Haha, you looked so fascinated, as though you want to swim
with the fishes.
Old 27-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
Iori

Bro, you look so handsome when you were young.................now even more handsome?
Old 27-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
MPeX

Used to go to the market with my mama on Sundays, last time hardly any lfs, so all my fishes, plants and other stuffs all bought from the market stalls.

Btw how come every1 comment on me instead of my tank... haha... i think that setup was quite a feat for some1 who was only 5...
Old 27-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
dinosor
Dragon

so u are 27 years old now??wow..haha..
wow.. u setup the tank?? cool man
dinosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Leopard88

Haha, during my time, I bought my guppies from an anutie who carried couple of smal tanks of fishes and sits near the market to sell. When MOE officers (previously call 'ti-gu', translated literally as ' ground cows') come raid illegal hawkers, she will carry her stuff and run.

She now owns a lfs in the market and still recognise me. I was around 5-7 years old then and now with my own family with 3 school-going kids .

Maybe others can share their historic experiences of starting a aquarium when young.
Old 27-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosor
so u are 27 years old now??wow..haha..
wow.. u setup the tank?? cool man
Unfortunately yes... haha..

It wasn't really difficult to set up.. buy gravel, pour in. Got some hornworts, dump it in. Bought a pack of guppies and swordtails, a pleco or 2, pour in.

Chop chop simple simple.. no filter, no chemicals, no canister, no CO2, no lighting, no thermometer, no pH monitor, no air pump, no nothing! lol...

Last edited by MPeX; 27-03-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 27-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #9
bluezing

i would prefer to call that as a tank with plants....instead of planted tank

but nice to bring back those memories...
Old 27-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #10
coryfav
Dragon

MPeX, thanks for sharing this photo.

Where's the filter, where's the styrofoam, what's a finrot and whathaveyou? Nada! Fishkeeping back in the old days wasn't so stressful, huh?

You should show this photo to that lady at the LFS who sold you those fishes!
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote