Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 10-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #121
globalcookie
Dragon

as long as TCB remains in good health and live long enough, he can still contest in the next PE after this coming one.

I see his challenge in High Court, for a good course, to show everyone (be it us, as well as PAP) that there are people passionate about our country and dares face up to the lion.

We all know how the system works and it''s like 1 hand covers the sky. But I appreciate the many politicians that has heart for the country even thou they faces the odds and unfair politics here. I respect the way our opposition has faced up to it so far.

Singapore's politics has evolved quite a bit since.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #122
globalcookie
Dragon

Private-hire driver Shirwin Eu looking to run in Presidential Election
Yahoo News Singapore Yahoo News SingaporeJune 1, 2017

Private-hire driver Shirwin Eu is making yet another attempt to enter politics, but this time he has his sights set on becoming Singapore’s president.

Eu was seen entering the Elections Department (ELD) building on Thursday (1 June) to collect his application papers to run in the 2017 Presidential Election (PE), which is set to be held in September.

This year’s PE is reserved specifically for Malay candidates and those intending to run have to apply for a Malay community certificate from the Community Committee.

Speaking to the media outside the ELD building, Eu said, “I understand that this is a reserved election for minorities, for Malay candidates, but the verdict is not out yet…

“But I think there’s always a chance for the government to review its intentions. I am not sure if the Malay community wants to do that because there may be some repercussions and setbacks to it.”

Eu, 34, had failed in two previous attempts at political office. He had intended to run for the Bukit Panjang SMC seat as an independent candidate in the 2015 General Election, but did not have assentors. In 2016, he was disqualified from running as an independent candidate in the Bukit Batok by-election.

Asked about his persistence in running for office, Eu said, “I think I’m doing this by instinct. I just feel like walking in, I just feel like doing it. I feel that, probably, I’m better than the rest of the candidates until proven otherwise.”

“Whether I stand a chance doesn’t really matter. The chance is decided by the population, not by any form of committee, council or Elections Department. How do you know I will not win if I’m not even qualified?” he said when asked what he thought of his chances.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #123
stargazer
Dragon

Even if the position is for minorities, the candidate must be of CEO level or managed a $ 500 million company? I tot this was what those MIW said before?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #124
Kohaku
Dragon

This guy has overrate himself. The criteria has already disqualified him as a candidate.

He probably doing it for the publicity and get his face some attention. He probably be better off joining a political party and run for a grc in the next coming election if he really got "liao".
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #125
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

what a big yawn

Expensive presdy thing.

Just abolish the damn thing & save millions.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #126
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
what a big yawn

Expensive presdy thing.

Just abolish the damn thing & save millions.
Tot you might suggest as well multi-task like many ministers - president cum premier with just a single salary?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #127
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Tot you might suggest as well multi-task like many ministers - president cum premier with just a single salary?
unless the candidate is my idol, Monkeys faced ah zorro who can multitasking, sing, laugh & cry at the same time
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #128
globalcookie
Dragon

Many ways to get fame, even if they come across as some...... whatever
Old 07-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #129
wllm33
Dragon

this one, compulsory must vote arh ?
wllm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 AM   #130
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllm33 View Post
this one, compulsory must vote arh ?
Voting is compulsory.......but maybe only have one qualified candidate......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote