Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #11
nim75sg

It's a long story regarding the Milwaukee SMS pH & ORP controller and now running the ozonizer with air pump instead.

Will be getting the American Marine ORP controller instead on my next trip to Hkg since the local agent, ADEC, does not have any stock of the Milwaukee SMS125 or have any plans to bring it in unless specially indent.

Bro Chinmo, you can buy the unit from PetMart.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #12
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
It's a long story regarding the Milwaukee SMS pH & ORP controller and now running the ozonizer with air pump instead.

Will be getting the American Marine ORP controller instead on my next trip to Hkg since the local agent, ADEC, does not have any stock of the Milwaukee SMS125 or have any plans to bring it in unless specially indent.

Bro Chinmo, you can buy the unit from PetMart.
Bro, Please PMed me the stories leh..I am still keen in Ozone and need
"experience" guy like to give show me some lights.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:49 PM   #13
nim75sg

Actually it doesn't need an experience reefer to use the Ozonizer.

Any reefer can install it using a simple air-pump to the input of the Ozonizer with Ozonizer's output via silcone air tubing to a air-stone or used limewood airstone back to the sump.

Just adjust the Ozoniser control knob to 1/3 cockwise and that's it.

OK .. you got PM regarding the story ...
Old 04-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #14
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Thanks bro! but heard it's not safe to used without the what "orp meter" does petmart sell the orp too? i need to direct the ozone to the input of a skimmer rite? before the water is being returned to e maintank....? do u used GAC? which brand better? u mention have to de install the uv.... meaning the uv and the ozone can't work together? Pls advise....

Bro monster and nim, after u guys hook up the ozoniser.... what benefits u guys see the ozoniser do for ur tanks?

Sorry for all e questions...... want to understand more before anihow buy and waste money..

Quote:

Any reefer can install it using a simple air-pump to the input of the Ozonizer with Ozonizer's output via silcone air tubing to a air-stone or used limewood airstone back to the sump.

Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #15
wlchew

Quote:

Ya..I am worried about being "ozoned" and leakage then I will stay permanent at LCK ..the silcone air tubing is very important ...should be safe , I hope..
Old 04-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #16
nim75sg

It is safe to use without the ORP controller as long as the Ozonizer is over-capacity to your tank requirements ie 10mg to every 100L of water.

The purpose of the ORP controller is to automate the ozonizer output depending on the settings ie if you set to 50 mg then it will "cut-off" the unit when the probe sense the threshold even though the control knob is at its maximum.

Without the ORP controller, you just start to adjust the control valve incrementally and it is best to have a ORP monitor in place of the absence of the controller.

Regarding stock from local agent, it is sad to see that they don't have any stock of either the ORP meter or controller.

My understanding from Bro Monster's experience with the connection to the skimmer was not that efficiency and he is now using an air-pump instead.

I am using HydroCarbon-2 GAC from Two Little Fishes at the last stage of the sump and you can opt for other GAC brands which ar easily available from most LFS.

Yes, this is the understanding that the UV Sterilizer and Ozonizer can't be installed within the same system.

These are some of the benefits:

1) Enhance the performance of protein skimmers and biological filteration
2) Get "transparent" and healthy water
3) Getting rid of disinfectants in the water
4) No more "yellow coloring" of water
Old 04-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #17
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
It is safe to use without the ORP controller as long as the Ozonizer is over-capacity to your tank requirements ie 10mg to every 100L of water.

The purpose of the ORP controller is to automate the ozonizer output depending on the settings ie if you set to 50 mg then it will "cut-off" the unit when the probe sense the threshold even though the control knob is at its maximum.

Without the ORP controller, you just start to adjust the control valve incrementally and it is best to have a ORP monitor in place of the absence of the controller.

Regarding stock from local agent, it is sad to see that they don't have any stock of either the ORP meter or controller.

My understanding from Bro Monster's experience with the connection to the skimmer was not that efficiency and he is now using an air-pump instead.

I am using HydroCarbon-2 GAC from Two Little Fishes at the last stage of the sump and you can opt for other GAC brands which ar easily available from most LFS.

Yes, this is the understanding that the UV Sterilizer and Ozonizer can't be installed within the same system.

These are some of the benefits:

1) Enhance the performance of protein skimmers and biological filteration
2) Get "transparent" and healthy water
3) Getting rid of disinfectants in the water
4) No more "yellow coloring" of water
if can't get the controller..... think at least is to get a orp pinpoint to measured the orp rite, safe will be 350-400, above 450 will be dangerous to fishes.... correct me if i;m wrong.

so if injecting to skimmer not that gd... which will left with the airstone method? just inject to the sump through an airstone like normal aeration issit?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #18
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo
if can't get the controller..... think at least is to get a orp pinpoint to measured the orp rite, safe will be 350-400, above 450 will be dangerous to fishes.... correct me if i;m wrong.
That is correct ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo
so if injecting to skimmer not that gd... which will left with the airstone method? just inject to the sump through an airstone like normal aeration issit?
Yes ... in the skimmer department.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #19
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
That is correct ...

Yes ... in the skimmer department.

erm... my sump just a normal tank wor..... don have those compartment ones...... i'm using weipro 2012... can i just feed the ouput of the ozoniser to a tee before the venturi? getting abit confused? heheheheheh.... best got pics to show....
Old 04-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #20
nim75sg

For normal tank then just place the airstone directly to the tank can already since your skimmer input also from the main tank ...